• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Kristen2Denise

I'm Not A Teen But I Need Your Help!

Rate this topic

Help! A close family friend who is basically like a little sister to me is turning 16 on Friday I have been trying to figure out what to get her and would like something sort of sentimental or thoughtful not just a giftcard, but 16 is a tricky age.....anyone have any suggestions?

If she has any favorite hobbies mabe buy her something related to that?

For gifts, I tend to think "what would they really want, but would never go out and buy themselves?". Maybe she has an interest in photography but never had the money to buy a camera. For some people it's clothes (I don't think that applies to a 16 year old though :) )

For me, I would love to have some framed photos of wildlife, but would never go out and start buying them because the price adds up!

If price is no object, I do not know many 16-year olds that would not mind a new car :)

i am 16 and that would be very well recieved :) I do have a car but i share it with my sisters.

i'd take a coach purse anyday!!!

See there are some girls who would not want a coach purse (like me) it depends if the girl likes designer things or not.

Kristen, I have found that my older girls loved getting a 'sweet 16' silver necklace for their 16th birthday. I don't know how much money you want to spend. All teenaged girls love jewellery. You know the girl and would hopefully know her taste. If she has pierced ears, some earrings would be good, too. Or a really nice watch (here it gets tricky, though, it's hard to find a watch a girl that age likes).

Kristen, I have found that my older girls loved getting a 'sweet 16' silver necklace for their 16th birthday. I don't know how much money you want to spend. All teenaged girls love jewellery. You know the girl and would hopefully know her taste. If she has pierced ears, some earrings would be good, too. Or a really nice watch (here it gets tricky, though, it's hard to find a watch a girl that age likes).

I actually hate jewelery like necklaces, my sisters both got tiffany necklaces and I got a new digital camera for my 16th , you just need to know her tastes.

I actually hate jewelery like necklaces, my sisters both got tiffany necklaces and I got a new digital camera for my 16th , you just need to know her tastes.

Molly, I hear you. Personally, a digital camera or some computer software, or an mp3 player would thrill me, and I don't care a lot for jewellery (I wished my husband would finally understand that, he gave me jewellery for my birthday this year in May, which I haven't worn yet). My girls are different from me, though, and like jewellery. But my youngest daughter, Susie is getting a digital camera for her 15th birthday next week, because that is what she really wants this time.

So, it's true, you really need to know the girl. But hopefully Kristen will look at our suggestions and will see one that will make her feel like, 'yeah, that's it, she would love that!'

I don't know if it's too late, but what about a magazine subscription? When I was sixteen, I was a magazine whore.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• June 19, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • July 07, 2019 Until August 03, 2019
      For more information, visit www.kefss.com or call (407) 255-6550. info@kefss.com 

KEF USA Summer Camps Announces the New KEF Gluten-Free Camp in Orlando, Florida for Youths with Celiac Disease.

[Orlando, FL February 6, 2019]-KEF USA is excited to announce that we will offer a new 100% gluten-free camp program to give kids and teens with Celiac Disease a safe, exciting and healthy summer. KEF USA programs offer fun and unique experiences that can only be found in Orlando, Florida. Campers explore the theme parks and local attractions, make new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.

• July 08, 2019 Until July 09, 2019
      14th Euro-Global Gastroenterology Conference happening in Zürich, Switzerland during July 08-09, 2019. We are expecting more than 300 attendees representing from more than 40 countries who would be sharing their experiences and expertise around the world Theme: “Future Perspectives and shaping trends in Gastroenterology”
      You may learn more about our congress by visiting our website: https://europegastroenterology.gastroconferences.com/
      Tracks
      Microbiota and diseases|Acid Related Diseases|Helicobacter Pylori Treatment|Therapeutics targeting Microbioma|Advanced Nutrition and Dietetics in Gastroenterology|Inflammatory Bowel Diseases|Clinical Advances in Liver Diseases|Gastrointestinal Disorders and Drug Delivery|Obesity and Treatments|Gastrointestinal Pathology|Neuro Gastroenterology and Motility disorders|Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition|Gallbladder and biliary tract Diseases|Latest advances in Gastroenterology treatments|Endoscopic Innovations in Gastroenterology and surgery|Clinical and Radiographic Gastrointestinal Abnormalities|Functional GI Disorders|Changing Trends in Etiology of Liver diseases|Epigenetics of gastrointestinal diseases|Bariatric Surgery|Gastrointestinal Radiology and Imaging|Developing treatment for Viral Hepatitis and Fibrosis of Liver|Emerging Trends in Clinical Research of Liver diseases|Hepatitis B treatment Patterns|Therapies in Pancreatic cancer|Diabetes and hepatocellular carcinoma|Intestinal Metaproteomics and Type 1 Diabetes
      Conference Benefits
      ·         CME Credits  
      ·         CPD Credits
      ·         Research publication in proceeding book
      ·         Abstract publication in associated online journal
      ·         DOI by Cross-Ref
      ·         Online speaker webpage
      ·         Workshops and Symposium
      ·         Certificate for participation and attendance
      ·         Young Researchers Forum and Posters Award for Students
      ·         B2b and Networking meetings

Program Director
      Sophia Williams
      Gastroenterology 2019 | Zürich | Switzerland
      conferenceseries.com https://europegastroenterology.gastroconferences.com/
      E-mail: williams.sophiaa@yandex.com
      Whatsapp us : +442382146717