• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Mal

3 Random Questions

Rate this topic

1) Has anyone every heard anything about getting tattoo's.....I have 3 already but I'm interested in 2 more, but I'm not sure whats in the ink, or if i should even be worried.

2) Tampons, do i need to get a certain kind?

3) Whey, does anyone thats a Celiac have an issue with Whey or is my Chef at school here crazy in telling me i need to watch my Whey intake to?

again, if this is the wrong section to post this, im sorry, but those were 3 questions i needed to have answered, thanks all!!

Mal:

1. Not familiar with the tatooing process, but I believe others here have had tatoos.

2. Use the tampon of your choice - a non gluten issue.

3. Whey is dairy based, also a non gluten issue. If you have a dairy problem, yes, and issue.

:D

I have two tattoos my self and I dont think the ink would affect you because its not going through intestine or your digestive system its all the level of the skin so i dont think tattoos are anything to worry about, as for tampons i would think its the same thing if anything I would think it would be on your hands but I hope you would wash your hands after handeling them. I also thought Whey was like dairy but Im not sure.. Im accually not sure about any of this Im kinda just thinking to my self outloud. Sorry if I was no help. Good Luck

yep whey is fine.

I have no idea on the tatoo one either, i think that it should be fine however, becuase it will not be going into your body, only if you had a wheat allergy would it be a problem, or if you licked it, which would be kinda weird.

tampons are all safe as far as i know.

I remember penguin responding to this exact question (I think it was her) regarding tattoos as she used to work in a parlor. There is absolutely nothing to worry about with tattoo ink. The info on the tampons and whey is correct too.

Tattoos are fine; I checked before I got mine. The balm they recommmended had wheat germ, so I used Vitamin E instead. I am a notorious nail biter, so I avoid gluten in all skin products.

That's your discretion, but if you do avoid it, then you should check the balm.