Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

emcmaster

Can You Develop Dh After Being Gluten-free For 7 Mo.?

I have what appears to be DH between my middle and ring finger on my right hand. I never saw a blister, but it's cracked, red, and itchy, and nothing I put on it seems to make it go away. This showed up on Tuesday after I got glutened on Sunday and it doesn't look like it's going away. Because of the timing and the fact that I've never had it before, I wonder if it could be DH.

Is this even possible?

ELIZABETH

gluten-free (04.17.2006)

corn-free (03.27.2007)

xanthan gum-free

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Even though it may be possible, gluten can cause many skin reactions other than DH, and it could be eczema. If you can't get rid of it, see your doctor and get an eczema cream.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------