• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

valzues

Candy And Celiac Disease

Rate this topic

Hi, I am new to this and posting. I tried to post a few weeks back but no response. I am hoping this goes through. I am now 1 month in to this. I would like to find out, what kind of candy and gum are safe to eat?

Have any of you tried Amy's Gluten-Free Pizza? It is pretty good if you add to it. I love Pizza so I am missing that the most.

Is melodextrin Gluten? I need help please I hope somone sees this!

Thanks,

Valerie :)

If maltodextrin is in food that was made in the the United States it is okay, made out of corn or something - not sure, if it is in Medicine, you need to check the source, it might be okay or it might not be okay.

If Maltodextrin is in food that is not manufactured in the United States it is probably not safe. I would not chance it but if it is something that you want to eat on a continual basis you could check to see what it was from.

there is a lady that has a group called Silly Yak, she keeps the gluten-free candy list - it is huge.

http://www.allergygrocer.com/sitebuilderco...s/candy2006.pdf

here is the link & the ladies name that does this is melonie katz _ I looked it up !!!

Yummy Earth also makes a lollipop that is gluten-free. Actually its nearly all allergy-free as its corn-free, milk-free, egg-free, etc and so on.

You can get them at amazon .com.

Hi, I am new to this and posting. I tried to post a few weeks back but no response. I am hoping this goes through. I am now 1 month in to this. I would like to find out, what kind of candy and gum are safe to eat?

Have any of you tried Amy's Gluten-Free Pizza? It is pretty good if you add to it. I love Pizza so I am missing that the most.

Is melodextrin Gluten? I need help please I hope somone sees this!

Thanks,

Valerie :)

Dear valzues,

There seems to actually be more candy and junk food we are allowed than healthy food! Go to Amanda's Mommy's Blog for a complete list of candies. To get you started, I chew Extra Sugar-free Bubblegum, and I love Butterfingers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Andes, Junior Mints, as well as many others that are safe. Skittles are also safe according to this blog. Check it out! There is an extensive list of all kinds of foods you are allowed! I hope this helps. :)

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Hey.

I know this has been mentioned before but I am going to say it again.

If you are travelling to another country please read the ingredients on all chocolates/lollies even if they are safe where you are from. For example while m&ms are gluten-free in the US they are NOT in Australia. I think they use wheat starch in the shells. I am fairly sure that skittles are also out.