• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Guest Kathy Ann

It's Been About 8 Months

Rate this topic

Guest Kathy Ann

I have been as careful as I know how to be for several months. But I still have symptoms every day.

Even though they SAY they don't have any gluten, etc., I'm starting to even suspect my supplements.

I'm finally ready to try a super clean diet of just a few choice foods, I guess. I would appreciate any input about what foods are considered universally the LEAST allergenic.

Thanks!

If you've been very good about staying gluten free, and free of your other intolerances, then it may be something unrelated to celiac. While we are prone to other intolerances, we can have totally unrelated problems. Does your doc have any leads for testing beyond this?

Guest cassidy

Were these your symptoms prior to eliminating everything from your diet? Did you have other symptoms that went away, or do you feel exactly the same?

At this point I would start suspecting something in addition to the celiac. There are a lot of people around here with Lyme Disease, thyroid problems, adrenal fatigue, anemia (iron or B12), etc.

If I were you, I'd read up a bit on those issues. Try to educate yourself on what else it would be so you can work together with your doctor to figure out what else is wrong.