This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Can Gluten Really "live" In Plastic Dishes Even When Washed?

CantEvenEatRice

CantEvenEatRice Enthusiast

I have read various things about whether gluten can get permanently get stuck in scratches of dishes and other surfaces. I cannot find any clear research whether this is actually proven. We have a gluten free kitchen now because I have had Celiac for 3 years and my 20 month old son was just diagnosed. My husband doesn't have Celiac, but pretty much like we do. If he has bread or something gluten, he uses a paper plate. However, before my son was diagnosed he used plastic sippy cups and bowls. He had crackers, cheerios, etc. I ordered a new tray for his high chair and cleaned his stroller and carseat. I even went ahead and bought new spoons, bowls, sippy cups, etc. We just moved so I haven't had a chance to switch things over. My dilemma is this--I spent a fortune on the replacement stuff which he probably won't use too much longer since he is heading toward 2. No gluten comes in contact with his dishes anymore and everything is washed over and over in the dishwasher. Do you think I should go ahead and replace things or is washing in the dishwasher enough? Is there any testing that has been done to show that gluten can "live" inside cracks even after repeated washings and no more gluten? It is all very confusing!! I want to make sure if I am doing the right thing, but if gluten does really get stuck in all surfaces, I would have to replace all my furniture, countertops, etc.!! We just moved into what I am sure was a gluten filled kitchen and I cleaned and cleaned.

I would love to hear what others do and what you think is appropriate. I just cannot imagine you can get glutened over and over by using dishes that have some scratches. But I am not sure? Thanks for your help!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CantEvenEatRice Enthusiast

Please help! What about pots and pans too?

Gamecreature Rookie

I've read that old Teflon pots and pans should be replaced once it starts getting an abundance of scratches. Same for that old wooden spoon and plastic collander.

I would think your average dishes would be okay, but I would be suspicious of any storage containers (tupperware) that are showing signs of damage from reheating in the microwave. Those can be cheaply replaced with disposable ziplock conatiners anyway so why not?

Of course, I'm still new to this myself so hopefully someone more experienced will chime in.

Guhlia Rising Star

Actually, either gfp, tarnalberry, or lovegrov (can't remember which) had a great way of showing how gluten can stay trapped in things. I don't remember what it was, but I think it involved either food coloring or something that glowed under blacklight. Scared the heck out of me. Now I'm super, super careful and everything that ever touched gluten is long since in the trash.

Nantzie Collaborator

I tossed a few plastic plates that were really scratched but things like measuring cups that have very smooth surface I kept with no problems. Some plastic spoons and such didn't have any scratches or crevices that would hold anything. Others were pretty beat up. I would just take it on an item-by-item basis.

What I did at first was buy just a few inexpensive gluten-free only things to use in the kitchen that I kept in a seperate area of the kitchen. I bought a small cutting board, a couple wooden spoons, a set of plastic cookware, etc. Then I knew for sure those things were gluten-free and I didn't have to worry about any of it while I was cooking for myself. Once we decided to make our whole house gluten-free, I went through our cooking stuff and tossed what looked like it might cause problems.

Nancy

NoGluGirl Contributor
I tossed a few plastic plates that were really scratched but things like measuring cups that have very smooth surface I kept with no problems. Some plastic spoons and such didn't have any scratches or crevices that would hold anything. Others were pretty beat up. I would just take it on an item-by-item basis.

What I did at first was buy just a few inexpensive gluten-free only things to use in the kitchen that I kept in a seperate area of the kitchen. I bought a small cutting board, a couple wooden spoons, a set of plastic cookware, etc. Then I knew for sure those things were gluten-free and I didn't have to worry about any of it while I was cooking for myself. Once we decided to make our whole house gluten-free, I went through our cooking stuff and tossed what looked like it might cause problems.

Nancy

Dear Nantzie,

My problem is my parents are not gluten free and I am. They are not careful. They treat me like I am paranoid. I told him, I cannot spend all day cleaning everything! I have been doing that for three months now, and it is exhausting! :( Plus, he complains that we do not have room for two of everything! The can opener is something that is very difficult to clean properly, and takes forever to do so. It makes me so angry how they act about this. :angry: I need my own pans, rolling pin, etc. I am tired of worrying constantly! Any suggestions?

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

casnco Enthusiast
Dear Nantzie,

My problem is my parents are not gluten free and I am. They are not careful. They treat me like I am paranoid. I told him, I cannot spend all day cleaning everything! I have been doing that for three months now, and it is exhausting! :( Plus, he complains that we do not have room for two of everything! The can opener is something that is very difficult to clean properly, and takes forever to do so. It makes me so angry how they act about this. :angry: I need my own pans, rolling pin, etc. I am tired of worrying constantly! Any suggestions?

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

NoGluGirl

Sorry your parents are not supportive! I might try keeping some basic things in my room in a container. Take them to the kitchen to prepare your food wash them and take them back. That sounds labor intensive also, but maybe not as bad as cleaning a can opener every time you want to use it. Good Luck!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Tim-n-VA Contributor

Being a little skeptical, I would wonder how something that is stuck on a dish/pan to the point that you can't scrub it out is going to come off that same dish/pan onto food that is cooked/served on it?

aikiducky Apprentice

I really think the biggest problem are colanders and wooden spoons, because those really are hard to clean thoroughly. Most other things should be ok.

Oh, and the can opener! A small can opener is surely not too much to ask for? :blink:

Pauliina

celiackids Rookie

My DD and DS (both under 10) have had Celiac for 3 yrs now. I cook gluten and gluten free all the time and we've never had a problem. If I make spaghetti, I use 1 pot for gluten free noodles and the other for other pasta and as far as the collander goes, I pour the kids' pasta in the collander first. I'm very careful and wash these things 1 time and I'm done. I'm not gonna throw out every dish we have b/c it has been said that Gluten can get in there. If you wash real well then there should be no worries. My kids have been fine for 3 yrs.

Jestgar Rising Star

I glutened myself for about a week by using my old, non-stick pasta pot to cook instant mashed potatoes in. I totally advocate the "If it can't be scrubbed, throw it out" mantra.

I think the testing for pans was to fry saffron in it, and then clean the pan and try cooking something white. If it turns yellow, you haven't cleaned the pan well enough.

I got a new colander for pasta, but I use my old one to rinse veggies in (with cold water).

I would think that plates would be fine. Just clean them really well before switching to gluten-free.

Queen Serenity Newbie

GFP is the one with all of the answers on this one. If you want the answers, contact him.

Vicki

Nantzie Collaborator
NoGluGirl

Sorry your parents are not supportive! I might try keeping some basic things in my room in a container. Take them to the kitchen to prepare your food wash them and take them back. That sounds labor intensive also, but maybe not as bad as cleaning a can opener every time you want to use it. Good Luck!

That's what I was going to suggest too. A small plastic storage box with a few things would make things so much easier for you.

I don't know what it is about it, but for some reason it's very (VERY) common for a person with celiac to deal with either not being believed, called paranoid, or a hypochondriac by family and/or friends. I don't know why. It's just stupid and not your fault. I mean if you found out you had diabetes I'm sure they wouldn't be so rude about it.

Just plant your feet and do what is best for your health. Being able to eat safely will be worth it, no matter how far away from the kitchen you have to keep your cooking box. Even if it's on the top shelf of your closet. If you're getting glutened from cross contamination all the time, you're not healing very well and will have lingering problems.

Generic Apprentice

My daughter claimed I was paranoid, that is until she started getting sick too. She now is more "paranoid" than me and hasn't even seen the GI Dr. yet too get a diagnosis. Funny how people change their minds.

daffadilly Apprentice
My daughter claimed I was paranoid, that is until she started getting sick too. She now is more "paranoid" than me and hasn't even seen the GI Dr. yet too get a diagnosis. Funny how people change their minds.

Laurie, yes I agree it is funny how people change their minds. I had to learn the hard way myself...

I can imagine how these new people must feel, still in shock that wheat could make them sick, then they learn that a microscopic crumb is just as bad as a slice of bread & then there is the wheat flour floating around in the air!!! But about the first time their homemade soup or something equally as yummy makes them sick as a dog, they will be tossing the wooden spoons and cutting boards ;)

Note to the person that is cooking gluten-free for the kids, you should not have any wheat flour in the house, it will make the kids sick, & there is no way it will not get in their food etc. Also, those kids got the gene or genes from the parents, unless they are adopted, so you should get tested yourself. Not all celiac comes with symptoms. Most parents eat the same as the kids as a sign of support. I think it must make your kids feel strange to have separate meals. I suggest enterolab.com because they test for the DQ1 gene that comes with all the neurological problems and a dx of gluten sensitivity...

Sweetfudge Community Regular

"I might try keeping some basic things in my room in a container. Take them to the kitchen to prepare your food wash them and take them back. That sounds labor intensive also, but maybe not as bad as cleaning a can opener every time you want to use it."

YES DO THIS! Definitely! It's just me and my husband in my home, and he doesn't eat gluten-free unless I serve it. I do most of the cooking, but I still have seperate butters, peanut butter, etc, (my best friend is the black sharpie w/ which I write gluten-free on everything of mine) and I'm very "anal" according to him, about using clean utinsels. Even if they call you parannoid, do it! It sucks not having an understanding family. I think I'm finally getting through to my in-laws. Been glutened several times there eating "safe" foods....

don't worry, you're not alone!

NoGluGirl Contributor
NoGluGirl

Dear casnco,

That it was what I was planning to do. My room is too small, it is only 10 by 12, which is smaller than the shed at the top of the hill! Our dining room could be safe if I make it that way. I just think it is crap that everyone else is so selfish. This diet is my medicine. I need it.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

"I might try keeping some basic things in my room in a container. Take them to the kitchen to prepare your food wash them and take them back. That sounds labor intensive also, but maybe not as bad as cleaning a can opener every time you want to use it."

YES DO THIS! Definitely! It's just me and my husband in my home, and he doesn't eat gluten-free unless I serve it. I do most of the cooking, but I still have seperate butters, peanut butter, etc, (my best friend is the black sharpie w/ which I write gluten-free on everything of mine) and I'm very "anal" according to him, about using clean utinsels. Even if they call you parannoid, do it! It sucks not having an understanding family. I think I'm finally getting through to my in-laws. Been glutened several times there eating "safe" foods....

don't worry, you're not alone!

Dear Sweetfudge,

If that is what I have to do, that is what I will do! Do people ever tease you with food? My dad knows I love Chinese, and brings it home among other things, and brags about eating it. It is pure torture. :( It makes me so mad. When he got his false teeth and could not chew, I never ate anything in front of him he could not have! I am done being compassionate and feeling sorry for people who do not deserve it! Being gluten intolerant is different than that. You will never be able to eat this stuff again! I am tired of worrying about being poisoned in my own house. Thank you everyone for your advice.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

happygirl Collaborator

I honestly don't know the definitive answer myself---but I am an extremely sensitive Celiac, and my motto is, if it is in question---don't do it. I know that is not scientific at all. So apply that my motto as necessary. :)

It really makes me sad to hear that your family is so cruel about this. It is a hard diet to live by, and I don't know what I would do if my husband weren't supportive. I basically tell him when something he's eating or thinking of eating will hurt me, make me want it, make me sad...and usually he respects that. But sometimes I just have to leave the room, tell him I love him, but I can't be around that food. I don't want him to have to suffer by depriving him of foods he likes, but I don't want to make myself suffer either.

Twisting happygirl's words a bit, if your health is in jepoardy, it doesn't matter, that should come first. do what you have to do to stay healthy.

And no, I don't think you should have to put up with being compassionate for someone who obviously doesn't care about you.

I want to give you a hug!!!

Hang in there girl, things will get better! Just take care of yourself!!!

Do you do your own cooking? If you do, you can easily find ways to convert your favorite foods, like chinese food, to be gluten safe. I love Thai Kitchen brand, they have great pad thai, and their soups are pretty good too.

Good luck! And PM me if you have any other questions!

Nantzie Collaborator
If that is what I have to do, that is what I will do! Do people ever tease you with food? My dad knows I love Chinese, and brings it home among other things, and brags about eating it. It is pure torture. :( It makes me so mad. When he got his false teeth and could not chew, I never ate anything in front of him he could not have! I am done being compassionate and feeling sorry for people who do not deserve it! Being gluten intolerant is different than that. You will never be able to eat this stuff again! I am tired of worrying about being poisoned in my own house. Thank you everyone for your advice.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

I swear, I think some of us should do a cross country trip just to smack some people upside the head. There is actually a member on here that posts occasionally who could be your sister. Her parents treat her the same way.

Whatever happens, just know that you're not alone and we're always here for advice, support or just a vent.

Nancy

NoGluGirl Contributor
It really makes me sad to hear that your family is so cruel about this. It is a hard diet to live by, and I don't know what I would do if my husband weren't supportive. I basically tell him when something he's eating or thinking of eating will hurt me, make me want it, make me sad...and usually he respects that. But sometimes I just have to leave the room, tell him I love him, but I can't be around that food. I don't want him to have to suffer by depriving him of foods he likes, but I don't want to make myself suffer either.

Twisting happygirl's words a bit, if your health is in jepoardy, it doesn't matter, that should come first. do what you have to do to stay healthy.

And no, I don't think you should have to put up with being compassionate for someone who obviously doesn't care about you.

I want to give you a hug!!!

Hang in there girl, things will get better! Just take care of yourself!!!

Do you do your own cooking? If you do, you can easily find ways to convert your favorite foods, like chinese food, to be gluten safe. I love Thai Kitchen brand, they have great pad thai, and their soups are pretty good too.

Good luck! And PM me if you have any other questions!

Dear Sweetfudge,

Thank you for the hug. It makes me feel a bit better. Thai Kitchen brand sounds so good! If you could recommend some of their safe products, that would be great. I heard LaChoy is safe, is that true?

I do cook my own food. I am the only one who ever cooks, does dishes or laundry. My parents are too lazy. They are going to be in trouble whenever I do get to move out! God I want to move out of here so bad! I am tired of worrying about poisoning myself all of the time. Tonight, my mother thought I was being a hypochondriac and acted like I was making too big of a deal because she came to kiss me goodnight and I got upset because I kissed her on the cheek and realized she had something on it. Well, it was her anti-aging cream, and I do not know what all is in it! I am scared I may have glutened myself, and she and my dad ignore everything I say. Nothing is important unless it is about them. I am done caring. I am done being compassionate. They wonder why I have the nickname the Baracuda. They wonder why I can be so cold sometimes. You do not start out this way. You do not want to be this way. You just become this way after so long. You cannot let anyone see you cry, because it makes you look weak and vulnerable. You have to go off by yourself and be alone. You keep that armor up so you do not have to feel. So you can be numb. So you do not have to hurt. Not anymore. I have the right to be angry. I have the right to be hurt. I have the right to tell them how I feel. I have the right to cry by myself. If I did not have my music, you guys, or my art, I would not have anything at all. They can say I love you all they want, but it does not change anything. I love you can be just three hollow words to some of us. I am tired of people picking fights with me, then walking away like nothing ever happened. I cannot just sit here and forgive and forget and act like everything is fine when I am seething inside. No one around me sees it this way. My father never gets anything done, and I am always left with the consequences. Due to his not getting the taxes done for last year, and not filing an extension, I cannot renew my financial aid for college! FAFSA cannot be done unless you have done so. So now I owe over $5,600! Or how about my 8th grade graduation, when I was having a party, and three hours before guests arrive, the water was shut off because guess who forgot to pay the bill even when we actually had the money for once?! That is right, Dad. It is not about never forgiving him, it is the fact nothing has changed since then. All these years, he still causes me a lot of unnecessary suffering. He buys pens and ink off of E-Bay like crazy, but we cannot afford to buy me some pots and pans that are safe for me to use?! Or he asks what I need a rolling pin for!? My mother is so doped up on pills it is rediculous. She almost never moves from the sofa. At least you are not like my family where you are going to judge me. You are not going to call me an ungrateful, lazy 24 year old brat.

You know what is really going on.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

I swear, I think some of us should do a cross country trip just to smack some people upside the head. There is actually a member on here that posts occasionally who could be your sister. Her parents treat her the same way.

Whatever happens, just know that you're not alone and we're always here for advice, support or just a vent.

Nancy

Dear Nantzie,

Now that made me laugh! :lol: I agree, we should just go smack stupid people upside the head. Doctors especially should be included on that list! In my experience, most of them cannot possibly have an IQ above that of broccoli. (Disclaimer: this is not intended in any way to offend broccoli.) :P One day, these people will get their bad karma back. When they do, they will deserve it. I appreciate you guys being there for me. I know my parents or family never will be. Me and that other member might as well be sisters. It sounds like our parents are the same! My rant above felt good, but I am still angry. The only thing that will fix this is getting away from these people.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Guest nini

NoGluGirl, I'm so sorry that your parents are such pills, I was reminded of a friend of mine I used to know in Florida, his parents were like that all through high school and as soon as he graduated, THEY MOVED OUT OF STATE AND LEFT HIM WITH THE LATE RENT ON THE APARTMENT AND NO WHERE TO GO... no wonder the poor kid is a mess now... divorced and two kids with two different women and a serious drinking problem... ugh, sorry, I just got reminded of him by your posts.

I can't believe some people act like that, but they do. (I suspect either one or both of your parents is also undiagnosed Celiac) undiagnosed Celiac could certainly cause SOME of those behaviors.

Back to the topic at hand. I share a kitchen with my non gluten-free hubby and we switched to stainless steel pots and pans, and got rid of the wooden spoons, I have not had a problem with a shared can opener though.

As far as wheat flour hanging around in the air, I too was skeptical until last weekend when I got glutened at my mom's. She had just finished making gluten filled pancakes when I got there, and she offered to make gluten-free ones for me. She used a clean pan, clean spatula, clean mixing bowl and everything, but within 20 minutes of eating I still got sick... I can only surmise it was the gluten pancake mix that was still floating in the air that somehow got into my gluten-free pancake mix. (I didn't use shared butter and I keep a bottle of my own pure maple syrup over there)... Usually my mom is fastidious about cleaning her kitchen but hadn't cleaned up after gluten pancakes yet, and usually when she makes pancakes when I'm there she just makes the gluten-free ones for everyone. Why on earth she decided to make gluten ones is beyond me...

Hey nini, let's get a group together for a road trip! Sorry you got glutened at your mom's...that's frustrating!

Noglugirl, it breaks my heart to know how you're suffering because of your family. I know parents can be a hassle, and I have really good ones. I can't even imagine how you feel. When will you move out? Soon I hope :) Hang in there! You've got family here too! Where are you going to school?

As far as the thai kitchen foods go, I love what i've had so far! i like adding some cut up chicken to the meal. Plus, the gluten-free meals say on the front Gluten Free!! I have had (and enjoyed): Thai Peanut Stir Fry, as well as the soup bowls: Mushroom, Roasted Garlic, Lemongrass Chili, Thai Ginger...some of them have hot oil that is VERY spicy! They are a bit pricy (depending on where you get them), but so fulfilling as a meal, plus you're supporting a company that makes clearly gluten-free food!

Anyway, good luck! Have a great day!

NoGluGirl Contributor
NoGluGirl, I'm so sorry that your parents are such pills, I was reminded of a friend of mine I used to know in Florida, his parents were like that all through high school and as soon as he graduated, THEY MOVED OUT OF STATE AND LEFT HIM WITH THE LATE RENT ON THE APARTMENT AND NO WHERE TO GO... no wonder the poor kid is a mess now... divorced and two kids with two different women and a serious drinking problem... ugh, sorry, I just got reminded of him by your posts.

I can't believe some people act like that, but they do. (I suspect either one or both of your parents is also undiagnosed Celiac) undiagnosed Celiac could certainly cause SOME of those behaviors.

Back to the topic at hand. I share a kitchen with my non gluten-free hubby and we switched to stainless steel pots and pans, and got rid of the wooden spoons, I have not had a problem with a shared can opener though.

As far as wheat flour hanging around in the air, I too was skeptical until last weekend when I got glutened at my mom's. She had just finished making gluten filled pancakes when I got there, and she offered to make gluten-free ones for me. She used a clean pan, clean spatula, clean mixing bowl and everything, but within 20 minutes of eating I still got sick... I can only surmise it was the gluten pancake mix that was still floating in the air that somehow got into my gluten-free pancake mix. (I didn't use shared butter and I keep a bottle of my own pure maple syrup over there)... Usually my mom is fastidious about cleaning her kitchen but hadn't cleaned up after gluten pancakes yet, and usually when she makes pancakes when I'm there she just makes the gluten-free ones for everyone. Why on earth she decided to make gluten ones is beyond me...

Dear nini,

I am not surprised that you could get sick from inhaling it. I heard some perfumes contain gluten. That may be why they nauseate me. I have always been that way. My brother is like that, too. If they do not do that to me, they irritate my sinuses and make me sneeze or cough. My glutening reaction can take up to 12 hours to come on, it is not usually as immediate as yours. I am trying to just get a small group of basics together. A mixing bowl, a wok, etc. I have been on yet another course of antibiotics, and have felt quite rough. They always effect me badly. An overgrowth of yeast in my system is suspected. I am currently beginning to start a rotation diet so I can identify any more food sensitivities or allergies I may have. The doctor said no foods that are the same except once every four days. My mother almost never cooks anymore. My parents go out to eat practically every day (then wonder why we have no money) but they eat crackers and bread all over the kitchen. :angry: The countertops and the kitchen table are a mess. Today, I went to make coffee, and there were cracker crumbs on the basket! I am never going to get well living here! I cleaned it over in and out obsessively with Dawn and water, lathering it really well. I hope that did the trick. No matter what I do to clean them, they mess them up again. They even reuse their bath towels! EEEWWW! I prefer to do laundry. Besides, how can you be clean if you use a dirty towel to dry with? Anyway, it is just a random thought.

It is so sad about your friend. Alcoholism is a terrible disease. My great-grandfather and my grandfather were both alcoholics. Grandad has been sober for 37 years now. Interestingly, in my research about Yeast Candida, I discovered it as a possible cause of alcoholism. Yeast craves nutrients to live, so often the person infested with it craves alcohol, sugar, and carbohydrates like bread. The numerous problems this little fungus can cause is frightening. Over 100 physical symptoms are the result of its over abundance. I suppose I am in better shape to an extent than your pal. Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

P.S. Regarding the behavior issues being connected to the possibility of one of my parents being gluten intolerant as well, I would not be surprised. I would guess it to most likely be on my mother's side. She is allergic to milk. Everytime she eats it, she swells up. Her stomach acts up, too. Even so, she will not stop eating it. I told her that it could be the cause of her migraines. Naturally, she shrugs it off and says I am just obsessed with health, and that is all I talk about, yada, yada, yada. Something else pointing to her side of the family is she, my aunt and my uncle all did not tolerate formulas when they were infants and had to be put on 2% milk. I did not tolerate any of the formulas either, especially those made with iron.

Hey nini, let's get a group together for a road trip! Sorry you got glutened at your mom's...that's frustrating!

Noglugirl, it breaks my heart to know how you're suffering because of your family. I know parents can be a hassle, and I have really good ones. I can't even imagine how you feel. When will you move out? Soon I hope :) Hang in there! You've got family here too! Where are you going to school?

As far as the thai kitchen foods go, I love what i've had so far! i like adding some cut up chicken to the meal. Plus, the gluten-free meals say on the front Gluten Free!! I have had (and enjoyed): Thai Peanut Stir Fry, as well as the soup bowls: Mushroom, Roasted Garlic, Lemongrass Chili, Thai Ginger...some of them have hot oil that is VERY spicy! They are a bit pricy (depending on where you get them), but so fulfilling as a meal, plus you're supporting a company that makes clearly gluten-free food!

Anyway, good luck! Have a great day!

Dear Sweetfudge,

I currently am too sick to work, and have no income. I have been trying to start a business for more than two years, but realize it could take quite some time before it is profitable. I was spending money I did not have sending catalogs out to prospective customers. The problem was, no one ever bought anything. :( Of course, I only could afford to send out a few. I cannot get a loan or any other funding. As a retail operation, no one will give you a grant. I want to move out so badly. I am tired of being here against my will. I am tired of missing food. However, a new thought came to light the other week. Making my own Web site and putting my items in a catalog I can send in a document by e-mail would be an inexpensive way to distribute. Plus, placing orders is much easier over the Web, too. So, by this time next week, I hope to have The Blue Ladybug online boutique up and running. 4th quarter sales are something I do not want to miss out on again! Thank you so much for being my sounding board.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

P.S. Where can you find the Thai Kitchen entrees?

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Hi, I am sorry you are going through this. I am going to make a business suggestion, have you ever thought or done Ebay type auctions or stores? I was able to keep myself off welfare when I was disabled by dealing there. If you have a good eye for used stuff you can get some amazing sales. One of my best was a tattered and stained old cloth doll that I bought for five bucks and sold for over $125. Even good used clothes can make a few dollars. It might not be something you want to do but it does not take a lot of money to get started, just a few local thrift stores.

For the Thai Kitchen products look for them in the oriental section of your grocery store. Just read the labels cause not everything is safe but they will say gluten free on the label. The noodles are great, I find they do not break apart like the rice noodles and they reheat well.

I hope things improve for you soon.

Archived