Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest zoomom

Feeling Some Better!

Guest zoomom

I have been dairy free about 2 weeks and gluten-free about a week now. I have noticed that I am far less bloated and eating does not cause horrible pain. :D I sure hope this keeps up as it is so nice to not dread being hungry and needing to eat.

I do have a question. I am still feeling sore on my sides and lowerback. I am actually touch sentive. Plus the tingling in my legs is still there. My question is, do these symptoms take awhile to ease up as my body heals?

Robin

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

could you have fibromyglia too???? Sensitive to touch is a signal for that....

hope you feel better soon , it sounds like you are heading that way.

good luck

mamaw

It does take a while. Gluten has been doing a number on your system for some time and it takes a while for your intestines to heal. I felt a lot better when I went gluten-free and then I started worrying everytime I felt one of the symptoms coming back. Give it a little time and see if it gets better or worse.

It's not about winning, it's about having fun while you play. Gamecreature

Guest zoomom

I figured it was a matter of time to heal the damage done, but as with everyone else I'm sure, I want to feel "normal" yesterday. :lol:

Thanks for all the support!

Robin

I figured it was a matter of time to heal the damage done, but as with everyone else I'm sure, I want to feel "normal" yesterday. :lol:

Thanks for all the support!

Robin

Trust me, I know exactly how you feel! When I started feeling poorly again I was very distraught! I was worried that the initial feeling of wellness was just a fluke! But the flare-ups pass pretty quickly, that's how you know it's not the real thing. Don't forget that while you're avoiding some foods you're still getting the nutrients that your body needs. I seem to be hungry all the time, especially if I'm not eating the right foods.

About the time I was diagnosed with gluten-free I was feeling intense pain in my side, lower back and abdomen. It kept me up all night and I thought I was passing a kidney stone. The pains come and go every few days but they seem to be getting less severe. If they started getting worse, or became unbearable, I'd go see a doctor. Otherwise, I just wait for them to pass and hope they continue to subside. After a year of missed diagnoses on this, I really don't think a doctor would be able to do anything about it anyway!

It's not about winning, it's about having fun while you play. Gamecreature