Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tem

Outback Steakhouse & Carabbas Italian

I'm new to this site, but i was told about it by a co-worker who also has sprue. -- I recently went to Outback Steakhouse for my birthday. I was so pleased to hear that they have a gluten-free menu, and were very willing to

accomodate my needs. They are apparently affiliated with another chain called Carabbas Italian Grill, which also has a gluten-free menu. Just request the menu from the hostess. Outback actually has a couple of gluten-free desserts, like the chocolate thunder from down under. This was a great treat for my birthday. -- Does anyone know of

any other chains that offer this type of menu? PS- I plan to try Carabbas soon.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

These are the only places I have been where I've been able to order from a gluten-free menu. Both places were great! No glutening! I have had good experiences at red robin's, but I've also had bad ones :P I usually order the cob salad no bread, no bleu cheese (and will send it back if I see either, b/c I have gotten ill from it before).

I know PF Changs is supposed to be good, I haven't been there myself though.

I recently discovered that Chick-Fil-A cooks their fries in a seperate fryer...I asked them :) I just don't know what else to eat when I order them...

Don't know if you have Wingers around you (I think maybe it's just in Utah...don't know) but they are supposed to be working w/ GIG on a gluten-free menu....

That's all I know :D

Good luck!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

These are the only places I have been where I've been able to order from a gluten-free menu. Both places were great! No glutening! I have had good experiences at red robin's, but I've also had bad ones :P I usually order the cob salad no bread, no bleu cheese (and will send it back if I see either, b/c I have gotten ill from it before).

I recently discovered that Chick-Fil-A cooks their fries in a seperate fryer...I asked them :) I just don't know what else to eat when I order them...

Don't know if you have Wingers around you (I think maybe it's just in Utah...don't know) but they are supposed to be working w/ GIG on a gluten-free menu....

Good luck!

Good luck!

Hi Sweetfudge,

Thanks for the tip about PF Changs, i think there's one in Manhattan. We don't have Red Robin or

Wingers or Chick-fil-a. --By the way, Happy Birthday. (We actually have the same b-day).

Tem

Hi Sweetfudge,

Thanks for the tip about PF Changs, i think there's one in Manhattan. We don't have Red Robin or

Wingers or Chick-fil-a. --By the way, Happy Birthday. (We actually have the same b-day).

Tem

There are no PF Chang's in Manhattan but there are 2 Outbacks. One in Chelsea and the other in Midtown.

There are tons of great restaurants in the city however that cater to gluten free. My favorites are Risotteria (gluten-free pizza!!!!), Lumi and Bistango.

Check out these websites.

http://www.glutenfreerestaurants.org/geo_state.php?state=NY

http://www.silly-yak.com/gfny.htm

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Cheeseburger in Paradise is also part of that chain. I went there last Friday, and the manager had just come back from a seminar on celiac/gluten free! He said they use clean pots, pans, and utensils when someone orders gluten-free. They take it very seriously. This is a good reason to ask for the gluten-free menu EACH VISIT rather than just remembering what you like and ordering it. When you order gluten-free, they do prepare it differentl and taking precautions.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

There are no PF Chang's in Manhattan but there are 2 Outbacks. One in Chelsea and the other in Midtown.

There are tons of great restaurants in the city however that cater to gluten free. My favorites are Risotteria (gluten-free pizza!!!!), Lumi and Bistango.

Check out these websites.

http://www.glutenfreerestaurants.org/geo_state.php?state=NY

http://www.silly-yak.com/gfny.htm

I love Bistango...My girlfriend lives in the neighborhood so whenever I visit we just walk over there. It's great and they are so friendly and accommodating! Risotteria is great too! I have to try Lumi...I was hesitant since no one on here has mentioned it but since you did its on my list - thanks!!

Bone Fish Grill is also in the Outback Family. They have a shrimp app that is really great. They have a gluten-free menu that is pretty good.

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

Bone Fish Grill is also in the Outback Family. They have a shrimp app that is really great. They have a gluten-free menu that is pretty good.

Oh, and if you can eat dairy, their creme brulee is outstanding!

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Hi Sweetfudge,

Tem

Happy birthday to you too Tem!

Anyone know if Bone Fish Grill is in the midwest? I'm in utah. sounds good...I love creme brulee too! I'd love to try it out! I may have to google it!

Also, anyone who eats at chick-fila...what do you get there? cuz i love the fries, but i tried their chicken salad and the chicken tasted SICK! :(

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.