Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mamato2boys

Jack Daniels Sauces At Tgifridays

I have a sneaking suspicion that they're not, but needed to ask anyways. Does anybody know ?

Ryan 10/13/03 - milk allergy diagnosed at five months after receiving first bottle of milk-based formula, reacted instantly with facial hives/swelling...later diagnosed with egg, cat, dog allergies as well. Also allergic to soy despite allergist denying. Recurrent diarrhea/chronic soft stools undiagnosed until 9/19/06 - GI doctor said recurrent diarrhea not a problem. Tested through EnteroLabs:

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 15 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 10 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 352 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow’s milk) IgA antibody 11 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0503

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,5)

Acute/Chronic Colitis Stool Test

Fecal lactoferrin Negative (Normal - Negative)

Aiden - 7/29/06 No known allergies thus far, but will be raised on gluten-free/CF/soy-free diet since both DH and I carry GS gene.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Even if it is gluten free I'd be hesitant about going to TGI Fridays.

I'm a big advocate of still eating out, and not still enjoying this part of my life, but I also think this means making smart decisions and reassesing some of the places I "can" eat out at.

Fridays just seems like the type of place that is to risky. I have to assume the majority of their food is prepared and a huge risk for cross contamination.

Personally, I wouldn't risk eating there.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Fridays just seems like the type of place that is to risky.

Really ? In what way ? I'm new to all of this, so I'm curious about what makes you think this.

Ryan 10/13/03 - milk allergy diagnosed at five months after receiving first bottle of milk-based formula, reacted instantly with facial hives/swelling...later diagnosed with egg, cat, dog allergies as well. Also allergic to soy despite allergist denying. Recurrent diarrhea/chronic soft stools undiagnosed until 9/19/06 - GI doctor said recurrent diarrhea not a problem. Tested through EnteroLabs:

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 15 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 10 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 352 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow’s milk) IgA antibody 11 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0503

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,5)

Acute/Chronic Colitis Stool Test

Fecal lactoferrin Negative (Normal - Negative)

Aiden - 7/29/06 No known allergies thus far, but will be raised on gluten-free/CF/soy-free diet since both DH and I carry GS gene.

I asked the TGIF's in St. Louis, MO and they brought out the recipe. There is a small amount of flour in the sauce. Sorry to blow the bubble. They were very nice here and let me look at the recipe book for anything I ordered and promised to not cross contiminate what I ordered. Never have had a problem here.

:D

Like with many places, it kind of depends on which place it is--managment, etc. Although I know have other food issues, when I was "just" (haha) gluten free, I would not eat there. I had other options that were knowledeable and chose to go elsewhere. Cross contamination is a huge issue for me, as well as people who have no idea how serious it is....so it is a personal decision that each person has to make.

Really ? In what way ? I'm new to all of this, so I'm curious about what makes you think this.

I think the risk of cross contamination is way to high in a place like TGI Fridays.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne