Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

:(

I really like Stevia, but the added fiber in it seems to give me gas and cramps. It doesn't exactly smell like roses, either ! :ph34r::lol: What other natural sugar substitutes are out there that won't trigger a glycemic reaction? Splenda's not an option - that stuff freaks me out. I'd really like a natural product, if possible.

Ryan 10/13/03 - milk allergy diagnosed at five months after receiving first bottle of milk-based formula, reacted instantly with facial hives/swelling...later diagnosed with egg, cat, dog allergies as well. Also allergic to soy despite allergist denying. Recurrent diarrhea/chronic soft stools undiagnosed until 9/19/06 - GI doctor said recurrent diarrhea not a problem. Tested through EnteroLabs:

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 15 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 10 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 352 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow’s milk) IgA antibody 11 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0503

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,5)

Acute/Chronic Colitis Stool Test

Fecal lactoferrin Negative (Normal - Negative)

Aiden - 7/29/06 No known allergies thus far, but will be raised on gluten-free/CF/soy-free diet since both DH and I carry GS gene.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Have you tried agave nectar? I like it a lot. It has a low GI value, and tastes good. It is sweet, so you don't have to use very much. I am avoid refined sugars so I have been tryinbg other options. I don't use artificial sweeteners at all, not even splenda. I seem to be allergic to stevia and honey seems to trigger headaches, so I use agave with no problem.

A friend recently bought me a gluten free sugar free cookbook and the author mostly uses agave, which is perfect for me. I can't wait to try out some recipes...

~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

Have you tried agave nectar? I like it a lot. It has a low GI value, and tastes good. It is sweet, so you don't have to use very much. I am avoid refined sugars so I have been tryinbg other options. I don't use artificial sweeteners at all, not even splenda. I seem to be allergic to stevia and honey seems to trigger headaches, so I use agave with no problem.

A friend recently bought me a gluten free sugar free cookbook and the author mostly uses agave, which is perfect for me. I can't wait to try out some recipes...

I haven't - maybe I'll give that a shot. Is it liquid, or powdered like the Stevia ? I'm really starting to avoid artificial sweeteners too. The thought of them is starting to make me nauseous, lol, though I have no noticeable effects when I used them in the past.

Ryan 10/13/03 - milk allergy diagnosed at five months after receiving first bottle of milk-based formula, reacted instantly with facial hives/swelling...later diagnosed with egg, cat, dog allergies as well. Also allergic to soy despite allergist denying. Recurrent diarrhea/chronic soft stools undiagnosed until 9/19/06 - GI doctor said recurrent diarrhea not a problem. Tested through EnteroLabs:

Aiden - 7/29/06 No known allergies thus far, but will be raised on gluten-free/CF/soy-free diet since both DH and I carry GS gene.

It is a liquid and it looks a lot like honey. It is from a cactus and is a very nice sweetener.

~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

It is a liquid and it looks a lot like honey. It is from a cactus and is a very nice sweetener.

Cool - thank you. :)