Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nantzie

Daughter's Blood Work

She had already been completely gluten-free for over a month when we saw the doctor (ped GI).

The doctor called and told me that the most sensitive blood test (I'm guessing TTG) was negative. But the other one, that is usually indicative of a false positive where the person will have problems corrected by going gluten-free but still have a negative biopsy, was slightly elevated. She said that we should definitely keep her gluten-free.

I was never planning on putting her back on gluten, but every once in a while my husband gets in a mood and questions gluten-free for the kids. He doesn't want them to feel left out. Now that one of the blood tests was positive, maybe it will make him feel like we're not just guessing at this.

Kinda makes me a little ill that she had a positive test even after being gluten-free for a month though. I know how sick I was and my blood work was negative pre-gluten-free. Ugh.

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

She had already been completely gluten-free for over a month when we saw the doctor (ped GI).

The doctor called and told me that the most sensitive blood test (I'm guessing TTG) was negative. But the other one, that is usually indicative of a false positive where the person will have problems corrected by going gluten-free but still have a negative biopsy, was slightly elevated. She said that we should definitely keep her gluten-free.

I was never planning on putting her back on gluten, but every once in a while my husband gets in a mood and questions gluten-free for the kids. He doesn't want them to feel left out. Now that one of the blood tests was positive, maybe it will make him feel like we're not just guessing at this.

Kinda makes me a little ill that she had a positive test even after being gluten-free for a month though. I know how sick I was and my blood work was negative pre-gluten-free. Ugh.

Nancy

I think they would be positive for a bit longer after being gluten free,It does take time for the result to be neg. My daughter is having her repeat blood work next thursday she has been gluten free since july 22,2006. She is so much better too.

Celina

Nicole- 3 yrs old Positive Celiac Blood test- 6/21/2006 //// Normal result: <20,,,Nicole-80

Positive Biopsy for Celiac- 7/17/2006

Gluten-Free Since - 7/22/2006

Alivia- 7 years- old Positive Celiac blood test-Aug. 2006////Normal result:<4,,,Alivia-32.

Biopsy showed positive for Celiac Disease and moderate to severe damage (Blood Work for both girls were done in different labs that is why they are different)

Gluten free since:Dec.2006