Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest cassidy

Does Anyone Else Hate To Eat?

Cassidy,

I give you my permission to have a full blown temper tantrum with kicking and screaming and throwing things (that won't break, since you'll probably have to clean them up) and refusing to do anything that you don't want to do.

It probably wouldn't help anything, but I find that sometimes just knowing I have the option makes me feel better.

Guest cassidy
I hope the rest of the time will be smooth sailing for you--and that with parenthood looming, your husband will mature a bit. I'm sure he's a great person, it just takes some folks longer to be able to see past themselves. :)

Thank you.

I hosted a bridal shower and bachelorette party this weekend. I was very tired but this was for a good friend and I really wanted to do it. When I got home at midnight my husband had cleaned all the dishes. The next day he re-packed my car - I'm a drug rep and my car is full of heavy stuff that had to come out so I could cart around drunk women - without me even asking. Then he put everything back out that I had shoved in places before the guests came over. I was shocked that he was so helpful without me even asking for anything. I think he is really trying. He told me he was over himself and he really has been better this week - I hope it lasts.

Thank you.

I hosted a bridal shower and bachelorette party this weekend. I was very tired but this was for a good friend and I really wanted to do it. When I got home at midnight my husband had cleaned all the dishes. The next day he re-packed my car - I'm a drug rep and my car is full of heavy stuff that had to come out so I could cart around drunk women - without me even asking. Then he put everything back out that I had shoved in places before the guests came over. I was shocked that he was so helpful without me even asking for anything. I think he is really trying. He told me he was over himself and he really has been better this week - I hope it lasts.

That is so good to hear :)

As a Child I was always a picky eater, I basically hated eating most things but would only really have cravings for specific things...generally bread and pasta. Hmmmm... Other food almost made me gag, some days I would feel better and then I would be starving.

After living the Celiac life for over two years, I recently had stomach surgery (not connected to Celiac) and have been on a clear liquid diet for the past 15 days. It consists of grape and apple juice, 1-2 milk chocolate Ensures, chicken broth (IMO Kitchen Basics tastes the best), and jello. Strangely, I have not felt hungry at all. Even on Thanksgiving Day when everyone was enjoying all the food, I was satisfied with my large mug of chicken broth. I might be on this liquid diet for another 7 to 10 days. When I go back to the Celiac regime, I think it will be a piece of cake.

But I think now my emergency food will be a couple 6-packs of Ensure and some jugs of bottled water. In a way it's a relief to know it can be so simple.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

Lactose intolerance feels very different to me than the resulting cytokine storm from Gluten exposure. If what you feel is like a Gluten exposure, it was likely cross contamination. It takes more than 800F to break down the sequence that triggers...
    Your anemia should be checked out by your PCP, there are many reasons for anemia, iron and b12 being absorption being directly tied to the effects of celiac. But, there are easily 4 other things that could cause anemia, if you are even anemic ...
    Celiacs can be deficient in many vitamins and minerals including B12. As many as 40% of celiacs have a B12 deficiency before being diagnosed.  Here's an interesting study on vitamin deficiencies in Celiacs: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih....