Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa

Veterans Day

A salute to all those that have served and to those who have lost family members. :)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Happy Veteran's Day to any board members who have served or currently serve, and their family members.

I am the proud daughter of a recently retired naval officer (38 years of service) and the sister to a current naval officer (5 years of service). I am forever indebted to theirs, and others, service.

Happy Veteran's Day to any board members who have served or currently serve, and their family members.

I am the proud daughter of a recently retired naval officer (38 years of service) and the sister to a current naval officer (5 years of service). I am forever indebted to theirs, and others, service.

Laura:

Happy Veteran's Day to Dad-Admiral-Sir :D:D:D

Lisa

thanks girl :) I hugged him on Friday morning---my mom and I got such a kick out of finally being able to call him a VETERAN!

and a salute to your dad in his service, as well. xoxo

With the holidays coming up, it makes me appreciate what our soldiers, sailors, and airmen are sacrificing each and every day.

I just got back from the Remembrance Day ceremony here in Clarington. I love it - they really know how to honour our vets in this town - a huge turnout every year - rain or shine (of course, it poured this year....). I controlled myself very well this year, as the kids and Terry were with me this time (being a Saturday, instead of a weekday. I usually ball my eyes out every year.......

Sending huge hugs to all the vets, those who made it back and those who didn't and those who are currently serving......

Here is something beautiful I would like to share:

http://media.putfile.com/A-Tribute-For-Our-Fallen-Soldiers

Hugs.

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Thanks to all of you veterans (and their families) who are reading this. We appreciate the freedom that you have helped us to keep!

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

I just got back from the Remembrance Day ceremony here in Clarington. I love it - they really know how to honour our vets in this town - a huge turnout every year - rain or shine (of course, it poured this year....). I controlled myself very well this year, as the kids and Terry were with me this time (being a Saturday, instead of a weekday. I usually ball my eyes out every year.......

Sending huge hugs to all the vets, those who made it back and those who didn't and those who are currently serving......

Here is something beautiful I would like to share:

http://media.putfile.com/A-Tribute-For-Our-Fallen-Soldiers

Hugs.

Karen

Holy Cow Karen, I'm sitting here crying like a baby. Boy that sure got to me :( . I hope alot of people see that link today. Thank you for posting it.

Lisa

Lisa

Our Veterans' Day Parade was really great this year. Our JROTC Color Guard was infront of the entire parade, which was one the greatest honors I and my other fellow Color Guard members has had. Once we got to the Courthouse, four of our cadets were choosen to do a flag holding similiar to one that we did in DC.

It brought back memories of the stories I heard at Arlington, the reality of what our soliders went/are going through to keep our nation safe. This day is so special---to remember all Veterans, whether they be alive, in Arlington or buried in the smallest town in the United States, we owe so much to them.

God Bless all---especially our Military and Veterans today :)

-Ash

-Diganosed with Celiac's Disease on April 15, 2005.

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"-Picasso

Our Veterans' Day Parade was really great this year. Our JROTC Color Guard was infront of the entire parade, which was one the greatest honors I and my other fellow Color Guard members has had. Once we got to the Courthouse, four of our cadets were choosen to do a flag holding similiar to one that we did in DC.

It brought back memories of the stories I heard at Arlington, the reality of what our soliders went/are going through to keep our nation safe. This day is so special---to remember all Veterans, whether they be alive, in Arlington or buried in the smallest town in the United States, we owe so much to them.

God Bless all---especially our Military and Veterans today :)

-Ash

Ashley:

And don't forget to give yourself a pat on the back today. There are not many young people such as yourself that want to participate in the Color Guard and support your country. Three cheers to you Ashley!!!!

We are proud of you as well.

You go Girl :D:D:D

Lisa

Every 11/11 when we wake up I wish my husband a happy Veteran's Day with a kiss. He laughs at me. It's been 27 years of doing this.

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003