Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jennifers4js

Cake Decorator In Need Of Help!

Cake decorator in need of HELP!!

I posted a few days ago about cakes. I am looking for a cake receipt that the cake has height to. I am looking to cover the cakes with Fondant and need height. I was told Annalise Roberts cake is great. Dose anyone have this receipt they could copy for me or any other ideas. Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Cake decorator in need of HELP!!

I posted a few days ago about cakes. I am looking for a cake receipt that the cake has height to. I am looking to cover the cakes with Fondant and need height. I was told Annalise Roberts cake is great. Dose anyone have this receipt they could copy for me or any other ideas. Thanks.

The recipe for MAster White Cake in the Gluten Free Gourmet Makes Desert cook book holds its height quite well. I made it in a 9x13 pan and it was over 4 inches tall on the sides and over that in the center. If you want the recipe, repost and I will put it in for you.

3 c gluten-free Mix

1/4 c tapioca flour

1 1/2 t xanthan gum

2 t baking powder

2 t egg replacer

1 t salt

1 cup butter flavor crisco

1 1/2 c sugar

4 eggs 1 1/2 t vanilla

1 1/2 c plus 2T citrus flavor beverage

Preheat over to 350. Spray pan with veg oil. In a medium bowl whisk together the first 6 ingredients. In the bowl of your mixer beat the crisco and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egs one at a time, add vanilla next. Alternately stir dry ingredients and carbonated beverage until just blended. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 45 min. for a 9X13 pan.

This recipe can be changed to be a spice cake, chocolate cake or upsdie down cake with a few minor changes.

I made this cake last week for my adult womens softball team as a birthday cake for one of the players. I did not tell them it was gluten free and they raved about it. This week they want me to bring a coconut version.

W

3 c gluten-free Mix

1/4 c tapioca flour

1 1/2 t xanthan gum

2 t baking powder

2 t egg replacer

1 t salt

1 cup butter flavor crisco

1 1/2 c sugar

4 eggs 1 1/2 t vanilla

1 1/2 c plus 2T citrus flavor beverage

Preheat over to 350. Spray pan with veg oil. In a medium bowl whisk together the first 6 ingredients. In the bowl of your mixer beat the crisco and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egs one at a time, add vanilla next. Alternately stir dry ingredients and carbonated beverage until just blended. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 45 min. for a 9X13 pan.

This recipe can be changed to be a spice cake, chocolate cake or upsdie down cake with a few minor changes.

I made this cake last week for my adult womens softball team as a birthday cake for one of the players. I did not tell them it was gluten free and they raved about it. This week they want me to bring a coconut version.

W

In case you do not know what gluten-free mix is...to make 9 cups of mix you need 6 cups rice flour, 2 cups potato starch, and 1 cup of tapioca flour