breann6

Any Salon Brand Hair Products Gluten Free?

Rate this topic

i use Redkin products right now, specifically the blonde glam and Nioxxin intensive therapy hair maske.

I have been gluten-free for nearly two weeks and now my head is breaking out and my face in this raised itchy rash- my scalp has several scabs in it now. :o i am thinking maybe its the shampoo= it has wheat in it.

i am gonna go grab some new products tomorrow but don't even know where to begin when reading bathroom labels since it all looks greek to me...

any help? ideas? i have blonde hair with VERY heavy platinum highlights and so i need a really good quality product, i am willing to spend to get a good product that feels good and works.

thanks!

i use Redkin products right now, specifically the blonde glam and Nioxxin intensive therapy hair maske.

I have been gluten-free for nearly two weeks and now my head is breaking out and my face in this raised itchy rash- my scalp has several scabs in it now. :o i am thinking maybe its the shampoo= it has wheat in it.

i am gonna go grab some new products tomorrow but don't even know where to begin when reading bathroom labels since it all looks greek to me...

any help? ideas? i have blonde hair with VERY heavy platinum highlights and so i need a really good quality product, i am willing to spend to get a good product that feels good and works.

thanks!

I had no idea that we would have to think about shampoo and conditioner. My daughter was diagnosed first week of september '06. My husband was tested but showed negative. I have not been tested but suspect that I also have it. Or am at least sensitive.

Guest cassidy

Redken has a couple gluten-free shampoos and conditioners. I didn't look at all of them but I know smooth down and fresh curls are ok. I think I found a list of what cosmetic companies call gluten from Redken. It had all the chemical names to look out for. Most of them had wheat in them somewhere so it I don't think it is that hard to figure out by reading the labels. Their ingredients are also posted online so you can check everything before you go to the store.

Most salon quality products have wheat clearly listed in the ingredients and it is tough to find any that don't have any in them somewhere. Because of my hair type I"m forced to use salon stuff or I look like a mess!! I have found that many (if not all) Aquage products are safe to use. I have DH as well and my scalp goes crazy if I use anything unsafe. Just before I was diagnosed, my hairdresser couldn't figure out why my hair was thinning so badly...at that point I was using Aveda (which I miss dearly) but it was LOADED with wheaty stuff. They Aquage works just as well and I think it smells really good too!

Paul Mitchell does have some products that do not contain wheat. It seems they clearly list when wheat is present on their labels. I use Paul Mitchell The Wash (excellent shampoo which doubles as a body wash) and Instant Moisture Daily Treatment for conditioner. I even spoke to a sales rep who works in my salon who assured me they were safe.

Good Luck

Cali

On 11/13/2006 at 7:55 AM, almostnrn said:

Most salon quality products have wheat clearly listed in the ingredients and it is tough to find any that don't have any in them somewhere. Because of my hair type I"m forced to use salon stuff or I look like a mess!! I have found that many (if not all) Aquage products are safe to use. I have DH as well and my scalp goes crazy if I use anything unsafe. Just before I was diagnosed, my hairdresser couldn't figure out why my hair was thinning so badly...at that point I was using Aveda (which I miss dearly) but it was LOADED with wheaty stuff. They Aquage works just as well and I think it smells really good too!

Which Aquage products are safe for us? I have been having the hardest time finding a good quality gluten free shampoo that does not make my blonde color treated hair greesey and gross.