Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest ~jules~

Gluten Free Pantry

Guest ~jules~

Tonight I picked up a bag of the gluten free pantry french bread/pizza dough mix. Has anyone tried this? From the moment I was dx I've been making my own bread. I haven't bought any of this stuff yet. Honestly every time I look at the prices, then examine the loaf, even squeezing it I am afraid to blow almost ten bucks on crap. I've looked everywhere for pamelas, all I can find is baking mix, and brownie mix. So, my question is can I tweek this stuff and make rolls? Also how does it taste as french bread goes? I'm pleased with making my own bread, but how do we make rolls and things? thanks julie...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've made the Gluten Free Pantry French Bread several times. It's turned out great every time and my whole family loves it. I made it last year for Thanksgiving and Easter and put it in muffin tins for rolls. I made sure to time it so they came out of the oven just as we were sitting down. Even my gluten-loving guests enjoyed them. They aren't quite as good the next day, but are delicious warm and fresh.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Guest ~jules~
I've made the Gluten Free Pantry French Bread several times. It's turned out great every time and my whole family loves it. I made it last year for Thanksgiving and Easter and put it in muffin tins for rolls. I made sure to time it so they came out of the oven just as we were sitting down. Even my gluten-loving guests enjoyed them. They aren't quite as good the next day, but are delicious warm and fresh.

Thanks so much! Thats exactly why I bought it! I was thinking of making it into rolls for the holiday, now I know its going to work...thanks :D julie

i have a bag of this in the cupboard right now! can't wait to try it. i did try the regular gluten free pantry sandwhich bread which is pretty good also.

I love this stuff. Make sure you try it for pizza. It is a bit hard to spread but is worth the effort. It also freezes well in the raw form. With just me at home I mix it and then freeze half in a plastic bag. I thawed it in the fridge overnight when I needed it. It makes the best pizza since I went gluten-free. If you let it rise a bit after you spread in the pizza pan it makes a deep dish pizza so good I cryed the first time I ate it.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

I love this bread, too. I've not used it for rolls yet, but I plan to--unfortunately, I can't eat grains very often so I don't make this as much as I would like.

I plan to make a loaf next week to use for my Thanksgiving dressing.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

OMG!!!! I love Gluten-Free Pantry <3<3<3<3

i just made a pizza with their french bread/pizza mix

and it was sooooo good. I eat half of a 12'' pizza. Next time I'm going to add more cheese. yummy :wub:

I haven't tried it as a pizza crust yet, but I wasn't a fan of it as a bread. Then again, my gold standard is Kinnikinnick english muffins. I think they are as good if not better than real (gluten-y) bread. The taste and texture are just like french bread.

Of course, they're about $1 a muffin. But IMO they're worth it.

ELIZABETH

gluten-free (04.17.2006)

corn-free (03.27.2007)

xanthan gum-free

Oh YAY, I have a box of that and a box of Pamela's wheat free bread mix to try in the near future.....the little things mean a lot don't they.. :D

I am dying for a pizza...I always made homemade anyway..so this is good news indeed...

Hypothyroidism since 2001

Negative Blood work celiacs

Negative biopsies for celiacs

Microscopic/lymphocytic colitis confirmed through biopsies..Dec 2006