Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

txnmaryann

Gluten-free Alternative To Pepperidge Farm Stuffing Mix

I make my grandmother's cornbread dressing for Thanksgiving and can substitute the white bread, make the cornbread gluten-free, but what about the Pepperidge Farm Stuffing?? I know when she made it 70 years ago she used an alternative, what should I use??? I realize it's basicaly seasoned croutons......any suggestions??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I cut up gluten-free bread (usually use Ener-G Brown Rice Loaf) and dry it in the oven. For croutons I butter the bread with garlic butter first. I'm sure you could butter the bread and sprinkle on poultry seasoning, then cut it up and dry it out. I make gluten-free stuffing every year and it works well.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

I cut up gluten-free bread (usually use Ener-G Brown Rice Loaf) and dry it in the oven. For croutons I butter the bread with garlic butter first. I'm sure you could butter the bread and sprinkle on poultry seasoning, then cut it up and dry it out. I make gluten-free stuffing every year and it works well.

Thanks! I think I've decided to make the original for my family, and make another dressing for myself. I've seen a few receipes on here that sound good...hopefully the family will try them and at Christmas I can just make gluten free :).