This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

For Lynne - Tiredofdoctors

mouse

CarlaB Enthusiast

I'm going to write my letter know. Both Rachel and I have inertia problems. ;)

Sorry you're sick, Armetta.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rusla Enthusiast

Lynne, my dear friend,

When I came on here a year ago, yes a year ago hard to believe it has been that long. You and many others were the ones who helped me and many other newbies make it through the muck and mire of this disease. You were and are always there to help others. As we are like a family that most of us have never met each other in person, families are supposed to help each other. As you helped us it is our turn to help you back.

There is not much we can depend on in life with this disease but we know we can depend on being able to lean on each other. The Celiac community seems to bind together more than most I have seen. For such a solitary disease because of it's underlying issues, it is what binds us together. I hope that these letters help you with what you need.

Hogs and gluten-free Quiches,

Rusla

CarlaB Enthusiast

I wrote it. Laura and Armetta, let me know if you didn't receive it.

I found Lynne's post to make it easier to write the letter for those of you not knowing what to say.

Please everyone, write a letter even if you don't know what to say or don't know her well .... if she's ever made comments to help you, you know her well-enough! I think the volume of letters will make an impression on the decision makers at the show.

happygirl Collaborator

got it :)

Rusla Enthusiast
i am sick today and no i was not glutened. probably not the flu either, but some ongoing problems that i am seeing a doctor about on tuesday. the awful thing about being sick is we were finally having some friends and their kids to dinner today. i had set the table yesterday and made the rolls and put them in the freezer to bake before dinner. i had to cancel. that is such a bummer.

if anyone has any questions, please PM momma goose (lisa).

if you are sending in a letter, please send it direct to happy girl (laura) as she is a computer expert and is putting everything into the right form. PM her to get her email address.

carla and rachel, i have not received your letter. if you decided not to do it, please let me know. it is really OK if someone does not want to write a letter, because they just don't know what to say.

i am now off to the shower, clean pj's, my teddy bear and back to bed.

Armetta,

I am so sorry you are not feeling well. Believe me I know what it is like. I am still sick, I have used six boxes of kleenes and have bronchitis and worried about pneumonia at this stage. So, be careful and if you don't have to go out to work, like myself. Then, by all means don't.

Hugs,

Lisa Mentor

BUMP..................(Armetta made me do it B))

Rusla, feel better soon.

Mtndog Collaborator

I'm so glad Lynne could see this post so that she knoew how much we all LOVE and APPRECIATE her. She is so stubborn and strong!!!!!!! She really deserves this! If anyone has a sneaky way of finding out if she has room/setup for a dishwasher, please PM me. That might be a start. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Armetta,

I sent my letter to Laura....let me know if you need anything more??

Like Carla said....I have inertia at times. :ph34r:

Laura....let me know if you got the letter. I pm'd it...sorry I should have emailed you. I forgot. :rolleyes:

happygirl Collaborator

got it...no prob :)

If anyone is writing a letter and has not sent it to me, please contact me and let me know that you 1. are planning on writing one or 2. you have written one and haven't sent it to me (Laura). You can PM me and I'll send you my email address. (if you have already written it and sent it to me, thank you!)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

sent my letter to Armetta but didn't know if you were compliling them now.

i sent you mine again through the email here.

i can send another in attachment if you send me your email should have copied it down when i had it.

let me know if you need anything more from me.

by the way. has anyone in the omg thread heard ANYTHING about Evie.???

judy

AndreaB Contributor
by the way. has anyone in the omg thread heard ANYTHING about Evie.???

judy

Haven't heard a thing. :( I'm really concerned now.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

there a 7 un opened pm's from me.

i'll do another one tonight but was even saying "don't want to be a pest"

Just going un opened.

judy :(

Andrea,

just tried to send a pm and it said it was 'disabled or mail box full"

so i did a email but they don't always work.

as a moderator can you see if scott has info on her..like maybe some one discontinued service but since it's free don't know if he'd know anything at all

i don't think anyone has her personal email as no one through the thread seemed to come forward. Shirley (Viola) answered my pm and said she didn't so i'm at a loss.

any ideas

judy

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

You guys . . . . I don't think that I do anything more than any one of ALL of you do! You amaze me. Poor Armetta -- I talked with her yesterday, and she sounded terrible. I didn't get to talk with her today -- we were gone all day. I ACTUALLY WENT OUT OF THE HOUSE!!! And not just for a doctor's appointment (although that's what tomorrow is . . . ), but to have fun!!! I think I may be coming out of my "hermit" phase. Except for doctor's appointments, and two days last weekend at my mother-in-law's, I haven't left the house for over a month, I think. That's pretty scary -- I hadn't even thought about that. NO WONDER my neice asked me WHEN we were going shopping again!

I guess maybe I don't tell you enough how much I appreciate all of you. You have helped me so much. I was so frustrated and so reluctant to go gluten-free when I joined (a year and a half ago), and there have been so many people who have helped me more than I can say.

Thank you again . . . . I still don't know what to say . . . . . you are simply the best.

Oh, by the way . . . if you need REALLY good recipes, contact Jen (JenVan) . . . she is a FANTASTIC cook and baker! You should have seen the spread we had when Brandon's girlfriend drove me up there . . . . it was beautiful AND delicious!

See what I mean . . . what amazing people you ALL are. Thank you for being an important part of my life.

Love & Hugs,

Lynne

num1habsfan Rising Star

I'm reading this post very late...is the idea still a go? I'll write a letter about lynne!! :)

~ lisa ~

Lisa Mentor

You bet!!!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

Lisa--

Yes, you can absolutely still write a letter. Send it on to happygirl (Laura)--she's compiling all of the letters.

Hope all is well with you :)

happygirl Collaborator

that would be me :) If you would like to write it, PM me for my email address.

num1habsfan Rising Star
Lisa--

Yes, you can absolutely still write a letter. Send it on to happygirl (Laura)--she's compiling all of the letters.

Hope all is well with you :)

Ok great, I'll write it up later(maybe even during my breaks in school). And everything with me as crappy as always, no better no worse :lol:

~ lisa ~

Lisa Mentor

THIS IS THE LAST CALL FOR ANY ONE WANTING TO WRITE EXTREME HOME MAKEOVER LETTER ON BEHALF OF LYNNE AND DAVE.

THERE IS A SUBMISSION DATE AND WE NEED TO SUBMIT.

Last call:

If anyone else is interested in supporting this program in support of Lynne's home makeover, please post a letter to Laura (happygirl) through an attachment, as to not re-type.

With Armetta's suggestion, alot of hard work and her generous spirit, that spurred us all to action.......this could really happen.

Thank you all for your support.

Lisa

Lisa Mentor

bump and will re-bump in the am.

Last call. :D

Rachel--24 Collaborator

*bump* :)

Rusla Enthusiast

There are far too many bumps here, no wonder my headaches.

Anyway Armetta and Happygirl I have sent you the letter, let me know if you got it.

Mtndog Collaborator

letters for lynne- good

letters for lynne- priceless!

happygirl Collaborator

got it rusla and bev

Lisa Mentor

Armetta is still a bit under the weather. So, she has asked me to convey to all of you for your time and your thoughtful letters on behalf of Lynne and Dave, with hopes of a successful Home Maker Over.

Every letter received, was a letter of true heart, compassion and generous in spirit. We are truly a family here. A family that Lynne and Dave can know through the simple gifts that we can bring to them through our simple words.

With great spirit and a lot of luck, perhaps this dream can happen.

Armetta, would like me to thank Laura for her willingness, progressive spirit and a sweetness that we would all want to grab on to. Lynne for her strength, her compassion, and her deference to others while she suffer in silence. (talked to her tonight, and I have to add her humor) :D

With good grace, perhaps this will happen and Lynne may have a home makeover. On behalf of Armetta, who began this thread, I (she) wants to let everyone know that it has truly touched Lynne and Armetta as well, how wonderful you have all been. Your letters were truly a gift.

Armetta, thanks you with her whole heart.

Lisa (by way of Mouse)

Archived