This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cupcake Recipes

vampella

vampella Contributor

I have only been doing this gluten-free baking for a month now and the first 2 times I made cupcakes they were good, they were moist and yummy...maybe because one was banana and one was strawberry. this weekend I made mint chocolate chip ones..GARBAGE IMO. they were dry and hard and nasty. Emmah was not impressed :wacko:

Does anyone have any cupcake/ muffin recipes they wouldn't mind sharing with me?

Thanks

Char

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kristend Rookie
I have only been doing this gluten-free baking for a month now and the first 2 times I made cupcakes they were good, they were moist and yummy...maybe because one was banana and one was strawberry. this weekend I made mint chocolate chip ones..GARBAGE IMO. they were dry and hard and nasty. Emmah was not impressed :wacko:

Does anyone have any cupcake/ muffin recipes they wouldn't mind sharing with me?

Thanks

Char

I use Bobs Red Mill chocolate cake mix...the cupcakes come out more moist than gluten cupcakse...Sorry I am new to this also and don't have a particular recipe. too lazy. but I swear these are good.

HawkFire Explorer

I enjoy the cchocolate cake mix by kininkinik. I imagine it would make a lovely cupcake as well.

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Analaise Roberts has the best cake recipe out there!! Just bake in cuppeycake wrappers instead of a cake pan mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

marciab Enthusiast

I was going to recomend the Bob's red mill chocolate too. I liked his banana bread recipe on the back of the gluten-free flour too though .... Marcia

Guhlia Rising Star

This recipe is from Open Original Shared Link submitted by Amy entitled Gluten free yellow cake. I've only ever made this as cupcakes and it is phenomenal, absolutely the best... Don't be scared off by the mayo, you can't taste it in the recipe. Be sure to use full fat mayo, no light stuff or it won't turn out.

INGREDIENTS

* 1 1/2 cups white rice flour

* 3/4 cup tapioca flour

* 1 teaspoon salt

* 1 teaspoon baking soda

* 3 teaspoons baking powder

* 1 teaspoon xanthan gum

* 4 eggs

* 1 1/4 cups white sugar

* 2/3 cup mayonnaise

* 1 cup milk

* 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and rice flour two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans.

2. Mix the white rice flour, tapioca flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and xanthan gum together and set aside.

3. Mix the eggs, sugar, and mayonnaise until fluffy. Add the flour mixture, milk and vanilla and mix well. Spread batter into the prepared pans.

4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Cakes are done when they spring back when lightly touched or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool completely then frost, if desired.

Sweetfudge Community Regular

go to eatingglutenfree.com and look in the recipe section! every recipe I've made from this site has worked out GREAT!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

This recipe is from Open Original Shared Link submitted by Amy entitled Gluten free yellow cake. I've only ever made this as cupcakes and it is phenomenal, absolutely the best... Don't be scared off by the mayo, you can't taste it in the recipe. Be sure to use full fat mayo, no light stuff or it won't turn out.

INGREDIENTS

* 1 1/2 cups white rice flour

* 3/4 cup tapioca flour

* 1 teaspoon salt

* 1 teaspoon baking soda

* 3 teaspoons baking powder

* 1 teaspoon xanthan gum

* 4 eggs

* 1 1/4 cups white sugar

* 2/3 cup mayonnaise

* 1 cup milk

* 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and rice flour two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans.

2. Mix the white rice flour, tapioca flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and xanthan gum together and set aside.

3. Mix the eggs, sugar, and mayonnaise until fluffy. Add the flour mixture, milk and vanilla and mix well. Spread batter into the prepared pans.

4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Cakes are done when they spring back when lightly touched or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool completely then frost, if desired.

That is a good recipe. Much like a twinkie consistency..mmm good stuff.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Nantzie Collaborator

:blink: Did somebody say twinkies? :blink:

<Bookmarking that recipe as we speak.>

B)

Nancy

:blink: Did somebody say twinkies? :blink:

<Bookmarking that recipe as we speak.>

B)

Nancy

:lol::lol:

mamaw Community Regular

I just bought a twinkie pan from King Arthur Flours!!!!!Twinkies this weekend!!!!!

thanks

mamaw

Nantzie Collaborator

Road trip to mamaw's! I'll go gas up the van.

:P

Nancy

Cheri A Contributor

LOL! Pick me up on the way!! :D

I've been wanting that pan too, but still haven't found a cake recipe to work for our extensive list :(

jerseyangel Proficient

You'll have to swing by New Jersey, cuz I'm coming too! Twinkies :wub:

mamatide Enthusiast
I just bought a twinkie pan from King Arthur Flours!!!!!Twinkies this weekend!!!!!

thanks

mamaw

EEK! I just scoured the King Arthur Flours website and don't see this pan! Can you post a link for me?

Has anyone developed a frosting (filling) recipe that would rival a twinkie's?

mamatide

jadobson Newbie
EEK! I just scoured the King Arthur Flours website and don't see this pan! Can you post a link for me?

Has anyone developed a frosting (filling) recipe that would rival a twinkie's?

mamatide

For the pan check Bed Bath and Beyond. or we have a place in our outlet mall in AZ called Kitchen Collection not sure how common those are.

Nantzie Collaborator

Top Secret Recipes came through with that one. They have a lot of free recipes. One of them just happens to be the Twinkie Cream Filling.

Open Original Shared Link

:D

Nancy

Guest spruette

I don't know how into mixes you are, but this is really easy and EVERYONE thinks it is a regular cake. Arrowhead makes an INCREDIBLE cake mix. It's Arrowhead "Vanilla" Cake Mix. It's awesome. And other than the shelf life being shorter, no one would EVER even know it is gluten free. I have it every year on my birthday becuase it is so easy for anyone to make for me and keep it gluten free.

You would be amazed at the taste and texture.

For frosting, Pillsbury has tons of choices for you. They will even send you a mailing on all of their gluten free frostings.

Hpapy Birthday to your daughter!

abc Rookie

This made a great chocolate cake - moist and somewhat high...and my 3 year old loved it (but its a tad bitter without frosting which I made w/ margarine, vanilla and powdered sugar to be dairy free so I could eat it)...ironically, my 3 year old is not gluten-free - I made the cake for me and she and my hubby ate it all! The recipe is from Bob's Red Mill gluten-free baking flour:

1/5 cups Bob's Red Mill all0purpose gluten-free baking powder

1 c brown sugar

1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder (not dutch)

1 t baking soda

1 t xanthan gum

3/4t salt

1/2 c milk (i used rice milk)

1/3 c butter, margarine or shortening (I used canola oil)

1 egg

1 t vanilla extract

3/4 c warm brewed coffee

preheat to 350. place all ingredients, except coffee in large bowl and blend with electric mixer. add coffee and mix until thoroughly blended (I found the batter rather gummy, but it works). Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean!

lonewolf Collaborator
1/5 cups Bob's Red Mill all0purpose gluten-free baking powder

Hmmm, I'm sure this is a typo. How much flour? Is it supposed to be 1-1/2 cups?

mamaw Community Regular

Okay Gang it's Sunday night & I have twinkies,gluten-free waffles, gluten-free pumpkin roll & Carrie's soft breadsticks!!!!!!!!!

Did you all get lost or something??????????I thought you would be here today after picking up Jersey Angel!!!!!!!!!Oh well , I guess we will just have to eat them ourselves.......

I couldn't find the pan at Bed & Bath, they told me it was a seasonal item, so maybe it can be found now. King Arthur didn't have it in the catalog, I called them & asked if they still had any. I actually got it for $13.00 I think........I also checked the kitchen stores & they didn't have it either........

-----------Twinkies, Twinkies, Twinkies------- wish you were here......calories,calories, calories!!!!!!!

Anyway , you all are welcome anytime.......

blessings

mamaw

dragonmom Apprentice

HI-I was just watching the food network and they were making whoopie pies, for the filling they used marshmallow creme and confectioners sugar. Of course this is not a recipe, but I thought that it would create much the same taste as twinkie filling. I haven't tried it yet but now I need to get the pan and get started. :P

Guhlia Rising Star
Okay Gang it's Sunday night & I have twinkies,gluten-free waffles, gluten-free pumpkin roll & Carrie's soft breadsticks!!!!!!!!!

Did you all get lost or something??????????I thought you would be here today after picking up Jersey Angel!!!!!!!!!Oh well , I guess we will just have to eat them ourselves.......

I couldn't find the pan at Bed & Bath, they told me it was a seasonal item, so maybe it can be found now. King Arthur didn't have it in the catalog, I called them & asked if they still had any. I actually got it for $13.00 I think........I also checked the kitchen stores & they didn't have it either........

-----------Twinkies, Twinkies, Twinkies------- wish you were here......calories,calories, calories!!!!!!!

Anyway , you all are welcome anytime.......

blessings

mamaw

Woah woah woah... You made them? Did they turn out? Do they taste like twinkies? I'm so very jealous right now. Hated twinkies pre-gluten-free days, but for some reason I am CRAVING one right now...

mamaw Community Regular

Guhlia

The kids gobbled them up so I, myself only got a bit... you can take it from there as to whether they were good because I didn't get enough to actually taste!!!

I'm going to try again when they are not around so I can assest the taste..........

mamaw

Jennas-auntie Apprentice

Clan Thompson's website has a recipe for gluten free twinkies too-I haven't made them myself though-

Open Original Shared Link

You may be interested as there is a filling recipe (this is by Connie Sarros). If you use a whip cream filling, you must refrigerate the Twinkies-these use Crisco in the filling so that refrigeration is not necessary. So that would not be a low fat Twinkie recipe then...not that Twinkies ever were low fat <_< Seriously, just ran across this last week and now people are talking about Twinkies! :P

Archived