This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Somebody Said S*%#!

angel-jd1

angel-jd1 Community Regular
Dave mowed our grass on Friday, I think it was. Every year we wonder if we'll have a White Christmas. It's been quite awhile. I WANT SNOW!!!!! Lots of it -- like when I was a kid -- and we would get to go sledding . . .

This is great -- when my kids were younger, it snowed, and I said that I knew of a hill that we could go to that was PERFECT -- and no one really knew about it! So, I pack up everything, and we head out . . . . about 20 minutes into our play, my father shows up -- with the thermos in hand. And a bag of mini marshmallows. When I was a kid, he would always make sure that we had hot chocolate whenever we went sledding or ice skating. Wasn't that sweet? It made me cry.

I'm trying to figure out a way to put rudders on my wheelchair -- I think I have a plan, although I MAY have to invest in a seat-belt for my chair! If you guys thought they got out of the way for me in Vegas when I was tipsy, just imagine me on a sledding hill in a rigged wheelchair! HA! :lol::lol::lol::lol::D

:lol::lol::lol:

I do believe that you will need two things

1st a helmet

2nd a video camera so you can tape this and send it into america's funniest home videos and win $10,000

This whole idea sounds like something off of a National Lampoon's movie LMAO!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

corinne Apprentice

I'm Canadian (from Calgary), but I'm working in California. I phoned my parents (in Calgary) yesterday and told them about the weather here and about going to the beach yesterday. That was a bad move. They disowned me and I'm no longer welcome home for Christmas. :)

Michi8 Contributor

Brrrrr! It's cold here, and getting colder!

The temperature will continue to drop through the weekend...the forecasted high for Sunday is -23C (-9.4F) and the low will be -27C (-16.6F). Yikes!

Michelle

Saz Explorer

I am so envious of you all!

The closet thing I've ever snow is hail, I live in Queensland In Ausralia, and with the exception of the other week , Queensland doesnt get snow. (it was down near the border not near me and was more sleet) It snowed in Other places in Victoria and New south Wales as well, Snow ANYWHERE in Australia in November just shouldn't happen ( its almost summer here)

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

Not much snow here, but right now it's -16c or -26c with the windchill. Monday's forecast high? -27c low of -31. I love it when our highs are -27c <_< . Tuesday sunny high -18c low -30c. On the bright side, I do get to spend an hour at the arena tonight and a minimum 2 hours in a cold arena tomorrow, and another hour on Sunday as well. Sunday will be the killer. They changed the hockey practice, so each boy has a 7:15am practice and I'm working Saturday night so I won't get to bed until 1am :blink: then up at 6 for hockey. I must love my boys very much.

Where are you Chinook? Come out, come out wherever you are!

Michi8 Contributor
Not much snow here, but right now it's -16c or -26c with the windchill. Monday's forecast high? -27c low of -31. I love it when our highs are -27c <_< . Tuesday sunny high -18c low -30c. On the bright side, I do get to spend an hour at the arena tonight and a minimum 2 hours in a cold arena tomorrow, and another hour on Sunday as well. Sunday will be the killer. They changed the hockey practice, so each boy has a 7:15am practice and I'm working Saturday night so I won't get to bed until 1am :blink: then up at 6 for hockey. I must love my boys very much.

Where are you Chinook? Come out, come out wherever you are!

I love my boys very much too, but I'm happy they aren't interested in playing hockey! The schedule would be all consuming!

Michelle :)

who is very glad to have a new furnace this winter!

Soooo school let out early today.....................wooo hooo. *shhh even teachers secretly like snow days* We are currently getting thunder showers of SLEET!!!! It is very icy out and cold!!! BUrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

num1habsfan Rising Star

If you want to see snow, I got a few pictures for you guys ;) ...the reasons why you should be glad you dont live on the prairies :lol: I'll upload them later after school.

~ lisa ~

num1habsfan Rising Star

Alrighty, heres some proof of what we all got on Monday (yes, that right...all of that just on monday). I'll take more tomorrow to have proof of the size of snow banks and such. Enjoy ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/num...an/IMG_2910.webp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/num...an/IMG_2914.webp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/num...an/IMG_2913.webp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/num...an/IMG_2915.webp

~ lisa ~

Lymetoo Contributor

As a snow-starved Texan, I LOVE snow too.........but we're supposed to be hit by an ICE storm tonight, followed by 6-12" of snow. UGH!!! :o

Pray we don't lose power!!!!

mamaw Community Regular

Hi snowfans & not!!!

Lisa, the pics are beautiful, clean white snow I love it!!!! Sorry for the ones who are snow haters.... I don't like it when it becomes black & dirty but the pure white has captured my heart. We are supposed to get some snow ths weekend but sleet & ice too & I can do without that....

Snowmoble is coming out of the barn......Tobboggons are waxed up & ready to fly......

happy , happy, happy.....

mamaw

Snowmoble is coming out of the barn......Tobboggons are waxed up & ready to fly......

mamaw

I might enjoy snow more if I had fun toys to play in the snow with!! haha :lol:

num1habsfan Rising Star
Hi snowfans & not!!!

Lisa, the pics are beautiful, clean white snow I love it!!!! Sorry for the ones who are snow haters.... I don't like it when it becomes black & dirty but the pure white has captured my heart. We are supposed to get some snow ths weekend but sleet & ice too & I can do without that....

mamaw

Thanks. Yeah thats more than 2 feet dumped on us on Monday (the snow you see in those pics). I plan to take more this weekend when I'm at home, have better views out there lol

~ lisa ~

• 1 month later...

Yesterday started a winter storm that is to bring fun things for the next 3 days!! BLEH! Yesterday was sleet, ice, and snow. Today is supposed to be more wintery mix. And even more on Sunday. Booo HOooo!!!

I'm staying inside and cooking up a storm incase I loose power ha Or maybe just get hungry ;)

Snow days just never get old. Getting the call tonight that we don't have school tomorrow due to weather made me feel like a 7 year old again!! I was giddy that I got another day in my jammies to watch movies. I'm just a big kid :P

Today I watched Beverly Hillbilly DVD's lol :D

Archived