Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tarnalberry

Birthday Present From The Coworkers

My friends/coworkers don't always know exactly what I can and can't have (I'll get a "can you have X?" sort of question), but they remember the main premise, and when they bring stuff in (like cakes) they write down the ingredients from the recipe so I can figure out if I could have it. Generally just ... Yay!

And today, when I got in, they had gotten me two boxes of Mariposa Biscotti as a birthday present! It's gluten and dairy free! (Those are my two intolerances.)

Someone had noted that it feels better to share our specialty stuff - makes you feel more normal - and these are definitely share-worthy. So, tomorrow, I'm bringing in the good tea I bought today (my birthday present :) ), and we're going to have tea and biscotti. I'm very excited about this, and feel very normal. :P

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, Happy Birthday, Tiffany!

What a nice thing for your coworkers to do. I am sure it makes work more enjoyable when your coworkers care enough about you to figure out what you can and can't have, and make a thoughtful gift like that. Have fun tomorrow!

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay! How nice of them to be so thoughtful! Happy Birthday!!!

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Happy Birthday Tiffany!

That's great that your co-workers put some thought into something nice for you to enjoy.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Guest cassidy

Happy Birthday! You must be as valuable to them at work as you are here for them to go out of their way to give you a great gift. Enjoy!

Happy Birthday!!!!

I am so glad to hear that they bought you something you can enjoy. It makes you feel better about the whole situation.

My coworkers made me gluten free cheesecake cupcakes with fresh cheeries on top for my birthday gift. It is tradition that everyone gets their favorite cake on their birthday. I was glad that they made sure I could enjoy my treat.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Tiffany,

First, A very Happy Birthday to you! :D

What a lovely thing your co-workers did for you--enjoy your tea party today :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. May it be a nice one.

"Throw yourself a pity-party and you'll be the only guest." - Earlene Fowler

Diag. Celiac Disease by positive blood test 2/03/2004

Allergies - corn, soy, casein, egg whites and wheat

Morphia Scleroderma

Osteoarthritis

Hypothyroid and Hperthyroid

Essential Tremors

Asthma

Migraines

Fibromyalgia - diag. in 1978 when they called it Fibrositis

PAD Peripheral Artery Disease

Angina and Atrial Fibrillation

Gluten Ataxia

Vitiligo

Scoliosis of the spine (caused by malabsorption and it is horribly painful) This would be enough reason for someone to go gluten free.

Ocular Myastenia Gravis

What a nice story, thank you for sharing it and Happy Birthday. :)

A family with Celiac disease, two brothers and two sisters.

Lyme Disease, Diagnosis October 19, 2006

May 2006 - December 2008 Gluten and Dairy Free

December 2008, while seeing improvement on the gluten free diet, I did not recover and so in December of 2008 began the SCD and now have hope for recovery.

My friends/coworkers don't always know exactly what I can and can't have (I'll get a "can you have X?" sort of question), but they remember the main premise, and when they bring stuff in (like cakes) they write down the ingredients from the recipe so I can figure out if I could have it. Generally just ... Yay!

And today, when I got in, they had gotten me two boxes of Mariposa Biscotti as a birthday present! It's gluten and dairy free! (Those are my two intolerances.)

Someone had noted that it feels better to share our specialty stuff - makes you feel more normal - and these are definitely share-worthy. So, tomorrow, I'm bringing in the good tea I bought today (my birthday present :) ), and we're going to have tea and biscotti. I'm very excited about this, and feel very normal. :P

Happy Birthday! Love that they did that for you!

Happy Birthday !! :D:D What a thoughtful gift !! Marcia

Jan 1990 - Dx CFS/ME/FM (URI's, Ataxia, myoclonus, orthostatic hypotension, insomnia, brain fog, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat... ) Completely Disabled (housebound and bedridden at times)

2004 - Digestive pain all the time.

May 2004 - Hiatal hernia, erosive gastritis, gastroparesis (endoscopy)

August 2004 - Colon polyps, diverticulitus, internal hemorrhoids (colonoscopy)

No relief from Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Zelnorm, Miralax, Imodium, Lomotil ...

July 2005 - GP recommended WFDFSFEFCF + vegan (Also, anything that hurts free)

Immediately stopped needing naps and digestive pain reduced.

Sept 2005 - GFDFCFSFEF + chemical free - Immediately stopped feeling jittery / buzzing and digestive issues were much better.

June 2006 - Dx B12 and iron deficient. Started B12 injections and using cast iron pan.

August 2006 - MYOCLONUS GONE. (off Klonopin)

September 2006 - ATAXIA, INSOMNIA and Feeling like the floor was moving under my feet gone.

June 19, 2007 - Positive DQ2, Dx Celiac

October 2007 - Sleeping like a baby, waking up with energy, but still having fatigue/stamina issues

Nov 2007 - Started Paleo diet for chronic hypoglycemia

April 2008 - GTT normal. I'm no longer hypoglycemic. Started Low oxalate diet for kidney stones.

May 1, 2008 - Began salt loading for OI/NMH - noticed immediately muscle weakness was gone. I was sodium deficient but my labs don't reflect it. Still working on OI and PEM.

Happy Birthday! That is so great of your fellow workers. I hope your tea party is a great success!

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

Happy Birthday Tiffany! That must have been the best present ever!

Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)

Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05

biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05

Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.

Happy Birthday Tiffany! Yum wish you could pass one on thru my puter screen.

Gail

Gluten Free since Jan. 06

Gluten intolerant. DQ 0301 DQ 0602

Lactose intolerant.

Happy Birthday! Hope your day is as wonderful as you'd want it to be!

Gluten-free since 10/05 - Positive dietary response with Doctor's validation! - Debilitating migraines, constant dizziness and lightheadedness gone; anxiety & panic attacks, depression, agoraphobia and extreme exhaustion considerably lessoned

Dairy/Casein Intolerant

Soy, Cabbage, Sugar, Peanut, Shellfish, Caffeine, Egg, Potato and Tomato allergies / intolerances

Sporadic reactions to: Poultry

Avoiding all preservatives and additives

Also Multiple Chemical/Environmental Sensitivities

Mitral Valve Prolapse

Pulmonary Embolism - 1999

Dance, when you're broken open.

Dance, if you've torn the bandage off.

Dance in the middle of fighting.

Dance in your blood.

Dance, when you are perfectly free.

RUMI

What wonderful coworkers you have!!!! Have a wonderful birthday!

~Savoring this new world of dark chocolate~

graves disease 1998

pos blood test sept 2006

pos biopsy oct 2006

gluten-free since oct 2006

You just can't ask for much more than that! Have a wonderful birthday!

Amy

Diagnosed by biopsy with DH August 2005

Diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism December 2005

Diagnosed by biopsy with Celiac July 2006

Tiffany,

Happy Birthday!! You are special to us. :)

Lee