Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jax

Stuttering/shortness Of Breath

I was just thinking... and I remember January-March this year I started to stutter a bit - I had never had a problem with stuttering before so I thought it was strange. I also remember being short of breath when speaking (I don't know about during activity, since I didn't do much then).

I was diagnosed with Celiac early April and was discovered to have B12 and iron deficiencies as well. I have since been gluten-free and have been taking iron and B12 supplements - the stuttering and shortness of breath have gone away.

Does anyone know if Celiac/the nutrient deficiencies could have been the cause of those problems? Or maybe it was just a coincidence or my imagination... :huh::unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If you don't have enough red blood cells, you aren't transporting oxygen, and you aren't getting enough air.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Well you stop being able to absorb nutrients from your food with Celiac, so it probably caused your B12 deficiency. Although some people have pernicious anemia and always have to take B12 supplements or shots.

How wonderful that new annoying symptom is gone though!

Well you stop being able to absorb nutrients from your food with Celiac, so it probably caused your B12 deficiency.

Yeah I know Celiac probably caused the deficiencies (I am a vegetarian as well, so that's part of my problem).

I was curious as to what may have caused the stuttering/shortness of breath.

I have never done this before, don't know if you will get this message but I had to try to thank you. I have the shortness of breath. I was diagnosed months ago and it's gotten a little better. I've been tested for vitamine D (and that's not getting better) but not other deficiencies. I'm so happy you wrote, I was so scared about what was happening to me. And the doctors kept telling me it was stress. Got to love those doctors! Thanks again!

I was just thinking... and I remember January-March this year I started to stutter a bit - I had never had a problem with stuttering before so I thought it was strange. I also remember being short of breath when speaking (I don't know about during activity, since I didn't do much then).

I was diagnosed with Celiac early April and was discovered to have B12 and iron deficiencies as well. I have since been gluten-free and have been taking iron and B12 supplements - the stuttering and shortness of breath have gone away.

Does anyone know if Celiac/the nutrient deficiencies could have been the cause of those problems? Or maybe it was just a coincidence or my imagination... :huh::unsure: