This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

"newbies" How Did You Find This Website?

par18

par18 Apprentice

Just curious how you found this site. Also did recent publicity on CBS, USA and CNN have anything to do with searching for it? Also welcome aboard!

Tom

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice

I actually found out through a co-worker, never had heard of it before.

OOOPSSS, I see that you asked newbies, lol...although sometimes I still think of myself as one. Sorry! :P

par18 Apprentice
I actually found out through a co-worker, never had heard of it before.

OOOPSSS, I see that you asked newbies, lol...although sometimes I still think of myself as one. Sorry! :P

No apology necessary. Actually anyone can answer. I myself found it by searching my symptoms shortly before my diagnosis last year. I just did not find it soon enough.

Tom

Sweetfudge Community Regular

I was told by my nutritionist. I actually think she referred me to the celiac.com site, and I found the forum from there :) Glad I did too!

Looking for answers Contributor

Googled gluten intolerance and found the site! B)

gadgetgirl Newbie

After reading Brostoff's Food Allergies and Food Intolerances book, I was looking for tests to supplement what I was trying to accomplish with a food elimination diet. Found the Enterolab website and then was googling to find out what people had to say about their tests and that is what led me here!

i canary Rookie

I'm not a newbie either, but my doctor told me about the website. Her daughter had celiac disease.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Well, since you don't have to be a newbie...

I stumbled onto the board about 4 months after I was diagnosed. I was researching an ingredient in my digestive enzymes, and came upon a discussion about it here. :)

Adelle Enthusiast

I did an internet search for celiac support groups. This one looked cool and loaded on my sidekick (I don't have a computer) easily. Thank you google! Lol!

marciab Enthusiast

I was googling wheat free bread recipes, found the word gluten, googled gluten and wala ... I have been here ever since ... Love this board ... :) I would have never figured out this diet without this board ...

Marcia

super-sally888 Contributor

Hi,

Googled celiac. This site came up.

Sally

SchnauzerMom Rookie

I was searching the Net for info on celiac disease and gluten free diets and this site came up. I am very glad that I found it. It has helped a lot.

mamazoocrew Newbie

My mom saw the CBS show and she called me. She told me it what she saw mimiced much of what my daughter and I have been going through for years! We have had bloodwork done and sent to promethius labs and are still waiting for results! I found your site via the web when I began my research.

Yenni Enthusiast

I did a search about gluten intolerance on Google and this place came up. I started reading some and found a lot of good information and VERY friendly people. So I signed up. I think I wouldn't have done half as well without this place. :)

georgie Enthusiast

I found it talked about on a Thyroid yahoo list.

Peta Explorer

Was curious to know more about Celiac since my son was told their was a strong possibility he had it.

I "Googled" and found this site.

It's wonderful...and SOOOOO informative!!!

Peta

Guest nini

since you don't have to be a newbie to answer...

I found this site when I was ordering food from the Gluten Free Mall, I was looking around the web site and noticed Message Board links... and since I am a message board junkie I thought, hmmmmm I just HAVE to check THIS out!

I found the Gluten Free Mall through Google.

prinsessa Contributor

I found this site after googling "Celiac Disease". My mom mentioned I might have it since I was having chronic diarrhea. I think she might have it too, but she doesn't seem to want to get tested (not that testing always works).

CarlaB Enthusiast

I found celiac.com when I googled celiac disease.

I'm really wondering whether some of our current newbies are here as a result of any of the recent publicity on celiac disease.

kbtoyssni Contributor

I found the site by googling celiac.

Rebecca47 Contributor

I found it by accident lookig on celiac.com and just go down and clicking on everything in the index. YAHOOO!

Now I can't get off of it.

rebecca :rolleyes:

AndreaB Contributor

If I remember correctly I was searching for gluten intolerance info. I found celiac.com and later clicked on the message board.

Can't get me off of here now. :)

linds Apprentice

my nutritionist directed me to celiac.com and told me that I could finda message board there that would be a great deal of help.

Archived