Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa

Google Earth

My daughter just turned me on to Google Earth. You can take a virtual tour anywhere on this whole planet.

I am having problems focusing into neighborhoods and houses. Has anyone else enjoyed Google Earth.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It's really fun! We're looking for a new house and it's so much fun to plug in the address and see exactly where the house is before driving to look at it. (One house that looked great on paper was right next to railroad tracks - thanks to Google Earth we saved an hour round trip drive.)

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Yes! It's really neat! I found my house.

Carla, after I pull it on to my house, how do you focus. I haven't figured it out yet? <_<

Lisa

Carla, after I pull it on to my house, how do you focus. I haven't figured it out yet? <_<

I'm not Carla, but I know how to do it with my mouse. Do you have the little scroll-thingy on your mouse? (You know, that you can scroll up and down the page with). Use it and it will zoom in and out.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

It will zoom in and out, but it will not focus very clearly. What I have been told is that it's for privacy reasons, or something like that. If you're a conspiricy theorist, you might say it's because the gov. doesn't want you to know how clearly they can focus in on us! :P

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

I love Google Earth! I can remember when I got hooked on it last year, I posted something about it.

I particularly enjoy looking at the pyramids in Egypt and you would be amazed at how clear Manhattan comes in - right down to the cars in the intersection!

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

I love Google Earth! I can remember when I got hooked on it last year, I posted something about it.

I particularly enjoy looking at the pyramids in Egypt and you would be amazed at how clear Manhattan comes in - right down to the cars in the intersection!

Karen

AAHHH.....yes, I do remember. :P

Lisa

I LOVE Google Earth!! It is really neat. In NY, you can even see people! Some places don't come in clear because they only take good pics of big citys. But now Mapquest has real pics of places, and they are better than Google earth sometimes! I actually found my house on Mapquest and it was a blur on Google Earth. And the pic of our old home is still on there, even though it has been gone for almost 4 yrs.Some google earth pics are really old.

ptkds

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

Google Earth has been one of my favorites for about a year, too! As someone said, some areas have better quality photos. Try going to the Grand Canyon....if you set the view right, you can zoom down into the canyon and then fly through...so cool!