Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wdwmaggie

I Want Pop Tarts!

I tried to make pop tarts, but it did not turn out at all!!! I dont understand the gluten-free dough wont roll and it sticks to everything! Anyone know how to make good and easy pop tarts?

Guest nini

I use the Gluten Free Pantry's perfect pie crust mix and while they aren't EXACTLY like pop tarts they are close enough to satisfy the craving. (I use parchment paper and rice flour for rolling) and I use jelly for filling, I make a glaze with powdered sugar, vanilla and milk

I use the pop tart recipe from this website in the listed recipes. Kids loved them. I used different jellies (dickinson brand with no sugar) & then I did some with brown sugar & cinnamon. If you can't find the recipe please pm me & I'll get it to you.

mamaw

OMG- I would KILL for a poptart!!!!!!!!! One of my students was eating one in class yesterday and i aws practiically drooling!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked for the recipe on this site but didn't find it. If someone has it could you post the recipe or the link. Yes!

OMG- I would KILL for a poptart!!!!!!!!! One of my students was eating one in class yesterday and i aws practiically drooling!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked for the recipe on this site but didn't find it. If someone has it could you post the recipe or the link. Yes!

heres the link for the pop tart recipe! Im going to attempt at it again! http://www.celiac.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=955

I use the Gluten Free Pantry's perfect pie crust mix and while they aren't EXACTLY like pop tarts they are close enough to satisfy the craving. (I use parchment paper and rice flour for rolling) and I use jelly for filling, I make a glaze with powdered sugar, vanilla and milk

I am going to try the pie crust mix, it sounds easier than the recipe on the website! Thank you!

where can i find garfava bean flour? are there any substitutes that would work well?

Anything that has a high protein content should work well. You could try fava bean flour, garbanzo bean flour, soy flour, or sorghum flour. I think that out of those sorghum and fava bean flours taste the best. Sorghum tends to turn light colored baked goods brown and has less protein than fava bean flour. :)