Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My reason for using Enterolab was because I was already on a gluten-free diet. I didn't want to have to go back on gluten for several weeks to do the bloodwork. I did have bloodwork first but was already on the diet and wasnt aware that the test would be innaccurate. My Dr. wasnt aware either. <_<

I was already gluten-free for 4 months when I found out I could still be tested through Enterolab.

Rachel

I was gluten-free when my blood work was done, and it was negative. I did a six week gluten challenge (not long enough) and had a negative biopsy. I felt better off gluten, but I wanted a confirmation I was not crazy, so I used Enterolab. I might be a non-celiac gluten intolerant, so the blood work and biopsy might have been negative even if I had been eating gluten at the time, but I'll never know for sure. I presented the classic celiac symptoms ... my GI seemed pretty sure I had celiac until the biopsy came back negative, even though he admitted a negative does not rule out celiac.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

I had been very gluten lite for 1 1/2 months and had read that bloodwork wouldn't be accurate at that point.

I tested on the low end with enterolab so I'm wondering if I would have even tested positive through bloodwork. I did find out I have a celiac gene though.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Same as everyone else - my bloodwork was negative because my doctor told me it was okay that I had already gone gluten-free (sigh) and I didn't have the patience or resources to get a "real" biopsy. I've read about so much inconsistency with biopsies anyways, that it didnt' really matter.

All I knew is that I felt better not eating gluten, and I did Enterolab for the same reason Carla did - to prove to myself that I wasn't crazy.

Courtney

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.