Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snapple

Need Helpf With Evaporated Milk

Hello all,

I finally tried my bread machine, and managed to make a loaf of bread that was edible. I was very happy! Since eating said bread, each night I am bloated and have very bad gas, pain, embarrassment (give thanks that husband works night shift :P ). Anyway, I think the trouble is that the recipe calls for evaporated milk, and I am lactose intolerant. Sooo, does anyone know if there is lactose free evaporated milk, or something I can use in the recipe as a substitute for this ingredient? I want to be able to do this, but I am sooo frustrated!

Thanks,

Kate

Gluten free since 12/05 and feeling better!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Kate,

In a recipe calling for evaporated milk, I use double-strength Vance's Dari Free.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Hello all,

I finally tried my bread machine, and managed to make a loaf of bread that was edible. I was very happy! Since eating said bread, each night I am bloated and have very bad gas, pain, embarrassment (give thanks that husband works night shift :P ). Anyway, I think the trouble is that the recipe calls for evaporated milk, and I am lactose intolerant. Sooo, does anyone know if there is lactose free evaporated milk, or something I can use in the recipe as a substitute for this ingredient? I want to be able to do this, but I am sooo frustrated!

Thanks,

Kate

Hi Kate,

I just use rice milk by Pacific in our bread. Also, it is my opinion that anyone with any type of digestive difficulties, especially those with celiac or gluten sensitivities should be on very good digestive enzymes (not those from the natural food stores, they aren't potent enough). They have made a world of different in my life! When I eat something I shouldn't they especially help, but on a regular basis they help to repair my intestines.