Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nikki8

Mcdonald's Salads

What is wrong with McDondald's salads? Especially if you use your own salad dressing. Almost every salad on their gluten-free menu is not available except ceasar wihout chicken (why without?) and the side salad.

I'm brand new-just diagnosed last week, so please be patient with my ignorance.

Thanks

Nikki

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What is wrong with McDondald's salads? Especially if you use your own salad dressing. Almost every salad on their gluten-free menu is not available except ceasar wihout chicken (why without?) and the side salad.

I'm brand new-just diagnosed last week, so please be patient with my ignorance.

Thanks

Nikki

Welcome. There are no silly questions here - only silly people :P

If memory serves me correctly the chicken is seasoned with some gluten containing ingredient before it even arrives at McD's <_<

I've never had a problem with their side salad and Newman's Ranch dressing, I don't go there much, but the kids need a treat once in a while (they LOVE the playland :) )

Richard

"Not all who wander are lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

Risus remedium optimum est

I also think the website for McDonald's also worries about cc. They cut the chicken into strips on the same board that they cut gluten on.

I usually only get the apples with carmel dip. They come sealed so I know that a silly/incompetent worker did not mess it up.

Hez

I get their salads without the chicken. I know the asian salad is made without any chicken added. You have to specifically request that.

I also bring my own dressing with me. I don't use their dressings at all.

Shelli

Their apple/grape fruit salad with yogurt is really good.........but, pitch the walnuts (wheat flour) <_<

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

the problem with the salads is the chicken has wheat in it. also, the bacon bits' smoke flavoring may contain gluten. the nuts in the fruit and nuts salad have gluten. the dressings are actually all fine-- no gluten.

the dressings are actually all fine-- no gluten.

The dressing that comes with the asian salad states on the packaging that it contains gluten.

Shelli

The dressing that comes with the asian salad states on the packaging that it contains gluten.

Shelli

Lo-fat Family Italian also contains gluten, but these are the ony two.

i ate a salad there once but it was a while ago, and i have a feeling the information they gave me wasn't 100% correct. i was also sad to find out that i can no longer have their fries. but then again who wants fries that have diary, gluten, and meat products added to them.

the newmans own dressing is ok but the chicken definitely has gluten because every time I have tried to eat some there I end up sick from it so now I won't eat it. i was told that it was because of them cutting the chicken with the same knife on the cutting board with gluten so I asked for it not to be cut and they didn't cut it so I ate it and still got sick

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

kaiti,

if you look on the website at the ingredients, there is actually wheat in the chicken. (which is grody anyway!)

Yep they have taken the chicken breast off the gluten-free list sometime within this last year.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

Yes, I haven't had any since they changed it but at one point it had been gluten free and I still reacted

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com