Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jillwilli

San Francisco South Bay Area Dining

My husband was recently diagnosed with celiac disease. We both work full time plus, so we used to get take-out or go out for something simple often. I am adjusting to cooking for him, but it makes for a very long day sometimes! Can you suggest places to eat in the south bay area? We're in Mountain View. Thanks in advance!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am still just a newbie, but I do know that OUTBACK RESTAURANT has a gluten free menu. I personaly do not know of any other, but someone in here will. Is there any OUTBACKS near you? ;)

rebecca

Diagnosed Celiac Sprue Disease August, 02, 2006

Blood test, No Biopsy

IgA off the scale 44 now 3

IgG 56

(tTG) IgA 25 now 2

(tTG) IgG 1 now 1

now border line low iron 10

Gluten Free since August, 02, 2007

Diagnosed with Osteoporosis November 2006

As of Jan 2007 all numbers looking good

As of Feb 2007 no more Pork, having Allergic reactions

Lactose Intolerence

Thanks Rebecca! Yes, there's an Outback, which he likes, fairly near. I've also just seen a gluten-free menu for PF Changs, which is another favorite. Very cool!!! I know that my husband also needs to learn to ask for himself when we are out, but he's still so new, and embarrassed. I will worry about his ego once we get him fed properly

My husband was recently diagnosed with celiac disease. We both work full time plus, so we used to get take-out or go out for something simple often. I am adjusting to cooking for him, but it makes for a very long day sometimes! Can you suggest places to eat in the south bay area? We're in Mountain View. Thanks in advance!!!

PF Changs has a gluten-free menu (there's one in Sunnyvale and Palo Alto). Maggiano's usually has gluten-free pasta on hand although no formal gluten-free menu.

S

i just went to SF for work and i have a whole list of menus from restaraunts telling me they would/could accommodate me...if you are interested let me know and i will email you them

gluten free since 7/21/06

Hi Linz. I live about 1 1/2 hrs away from San Francisco. But I go there a lot to see ballets & stuff. So I was wondering if you could message me about the places there. Thanks!