Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ksmith

Homeopathy...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use homepathy for some things but it doesn't take care of celiacs, nothing but diet can help celiacs.I'm not sure if that was what perhaps you were hoping for ???

I use homepathy for colds & sore throat & things like that,

mamaw

I use homepathy for some things but it doesn't take care of celiacs, nothing but diet can help celiacs.I'm not sure if that was what perhaps you were hoping for ???

I use homepathy for colds & sore throat & things like that,

mamaw

Well, I was thinking of getting something for my acid reflux, but then I looked up 'homeopathy' on the web and it seemed like its crediblity is up in the air.

Well, I was thinking of getting something for my acid reflux, but then I looked up 'homeopathy' on the web and it seemed like its crediblity is up in the air.

There are many homeopathic preparations that work very well to treat ailments/improve your health. However, homeopathy has it's limitations, just as allopathic medicine does. What works best is when the different types of medicine are used to compliment each other. I used to have a family Dr that combined the best of all worlds to support body, mind and spiritual health...sadly, she has retired from practice.

Michelle

I would definitely say it's not huey. The trick is to get alongside a good health practicioner who knows what they are doing when it comes to homeopathy. A remedy that works well for one person might not work at all on the next. When my youngest daughter was a newborn, she did not seem to have a reflex to push out her stool when she needed to go and would hold it in instead. I went to our family doctor who told me we would have to wait until she was 6 months old and then put her on prunes. Meanwhile, she was only pooping once every 10 - 12 days!! A homeopathic doctor gave me a remedy for her and within 2 weeks she was having a bowel movement every day. I have also used it for colds, flus, ear aches, etc.. So, yes, if you get the right remedy, it works fantastic. If you don't get the right remedy, it won't do a thing for you. That has been my experience.

Marlene

I think it works wonderfully! I use it for colds, flu, menopause, it has a wide range of uses. It has its limits, like most other types of medicine (including western). I think the trick is with all the various forms of healing out there is to find what works with what.

I heard Andrew Weil once say this sort of thing. He said if I break my arm or have a car accident I want to be rushed to the nearest western medical center, however if I'm having dietary issues, skin problems, digestive problems (he went on with a long list) then send me somewhere else. (he is a Harvard trained Medical doctor and now practices more alternative/natural medicine). It takes a while to figure out what works best for you.

Susan

Well said everyone! I see a homeopathic dr. who will prescribe me "western" medication when needed (antibiotics, etc.) but he will also suggest several homeopathic items for other things (like trouble sleeping). You do need the combination of both sides of medicine.

Ev in Michigan

GFDF since 8/20/05

Negative Bloodwork ~

Dr. encourages me to trust my

"Gut Reaction"

Guest nini

I use homeopathy for some things, traditional medicine for others and herbs and supplements for still other reasons... I think it def. has validity and can work, but you need to have a health care provider that is open to the alternatives.