Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nicole will be starting pre-k in a few weeks. Does anyone have any ideas about which snacks like for school are gluten free that you can purchase in the store. Maybe a list so I can give her teacher I know about the ingredients I mean like a list of snack already made would be great. Because the teacher does the snack shopping. Also there is 1 other child in her class that is partial gluten free,So that helps a bit. Also there are no other children in the school that have celiac. How bizarre.

Thanks

Celina

Nicole- 3 yrs old Positive Celiac Blood test- 6/21/2006 //// Normal result: <20,,,Nicole-80

Positive Biopsy for Celiac- 7/17/2006

Gluten-Free Since - 7/22/2006

Alivia- 7 years- old Positive Celiac blood test-Aug. 2006////Normal result:<4,,,Alivia-32.

Biopsy showed positive for Celiac Disease and moderate to severe damage (Blood Work for both girls were done in different labs that is why they are different)

Gluten free since:Dec.2006

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

As we all know everything gluten-free is pricey, so ar ethese but my 3.5 yr old LOVES them..*so do I* they are Sooooooooo good.

Kozy Shack chocolate pudding, this is the one my daughter will eat. they also make jello,tapiocia,rice pudding and rice with cinn & raisins.

If there are not sut or sesame allergies in the class envirokids has a fruit crispy type bar.

kinikinnick makes oreo type cookies and Emmah's fav is fruit.

Hope that helps a little.

Char

Emmah 4 years- Celiac , gluten-free October 2006

Leigh-Ann 7 Years- Gluten lite

Gary- possible celiac

I also just got some banana chips from Wild Oats that Ryan seems to like well. Fruit cups (you can get those at any grocery store), rice or corn cakes (double-check for glutens), fruit (like the pp said), baby carrots, celery.

Ryan 10/13/03 - milk allergy diagnosed at five months after receiving first bottle of milk-based formula, reacted instantly with facial hives/swelling...later diagnosed with egg, cat, dog allergies as well. Also allergic to soy despite allergist denying. Recurrent diarrhea/chronic soft stools undiagnosed until 9/19/06 - GI doctor said recurrent diarrhea not a problem. Tested through EnteroLabs:

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 15 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 10 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 352 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow’s milk) IgA antibody 11 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0503

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,5)

Acute/Chronic Colitis Stool Test

Fecal lactoferrin Negative (Normal - Negative)

Aiden - 7/29/06 No known allergies thus far, but will be raised on gluten-free/CF/soy-free diet since both DH and I carry GS gene.

I should add so I don't sound like the worlds worst mother. The doc and dietician said to feed her junk as well as good food to get her weight up...I SWEAR!!!!!

Char

Emmah 4 years- Celiac , gluten-free October 2006

Leigh-Ann 7 Years- Gluten lite

Gary- possible celiac

Rice crackers, many grocery store chains carry them

Kraft string cheese

Jell-O brand pudding cups

Fruit cups

Raisins

Dried Fruits

Pop Secret Popcorn

Fresh fruits

Fresh vegetables

Dora stars cereal

Hormel pepperoni and cracker barrel cheese

Perhaps she would allow you and the other family to contribute some specialty foods for all of the children like gluten free pretzels, gluten free crackers, etc...

If she can do her shopping at Wal-mart, their GV brand labels gluten free. It would make the whole process a lot easier for her.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

For home and school.......good luck! :)

Hormel Turkey Pepperoni (My kids LOVE this!)

cheese

Kozy Shack Rice Pudding

Jell-o Choc. Pudding cups

Tings (Robert's American Gourmet)

Pirate's Booty (Robert's American Gourmet)

Ener-G gluten-free pretzels

Jiffy-pop Popcorn (I use the 100 calorie packs b/c they're smaller.)

rolled up turkey slices

Terra brand Root Vegetable Chips (They're all differnt colors and slightly sweet...good!)

Environkidz Chocolate Rice Bars

Environkidz Gorilla Munch

Mott's applesauce cups

Del Monte peach cups

Popsicle brand ice pops (cherry, grape, orange)

Edy's Ice Cream (check their website for their gluten-free choices...there's quite a few!)

Tostitos (We use the bite-sized "circle chips".)

Apple & Eve's juices (I buy the Sesame Street character boxes...4oz)

~Kristy~

Zachary (5 y/o son) -negative labs, no biopsy, gluten-free diet 3/06 with amazing results

*Enterolab testing: auto-immune response, main-Celiac gene/HLA-DQ 2, non-Celiac gluten sensitivity gene/HLA-DQ 3

"Congratulations!

Today is your day.

You're off to Great Places!

You're off and away!"

--Oh The Places You'll Go

by Dr. Seuss