• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

HI I just need to know if the snack size butterfingers, snickers, milky way are gluten free. I don't mean the bite size but the snack size. I think I read somewhere that there might be wheat in the smaller sizes, but I didn't know if they meant snack size or bite size. Also, does anyone know if tootsie rolls are gluten-free? Thanks for your help

Hi - Don't really know the answer to your question about the snack size vs mini. But Milky Way (at least the regular) are not gluten free in any size unless they changed something recently. The Midnight Milky Way are gluten-free.

I do eat the smaller sizes of 3 musketeers and snickers without any problem but don't know the official stand. I do know that the poppers are not considered gluten-free even if the candy bars are.

i have such a sweet tooth and has done lots of research to find gluten-free candy... laffy taffy, nerds, nips, butterfingers (and Bbs), M&Ms (not the crunch), baby ruths, skittles, starbursts, blow pops, tootsie pops, sweet tarts, ghiradelli choc, 3 musketeers, hershey kisses, andes, double bubble, bazooka, charleston chews, dots, nestles treasures, gobstoppers, regualr hershy choc bars, oh henry

I've noticed this to be a bit of a controversial topic. Some say the Hershey mini's are "dusted with flour" and others say they contain gluten from the lines they come off of (that Hersheys' processes the minis or snack size on the same lines as the wheat containing candy, therefore CC). I however decided to take my chances last week at work after being so sick and tired of everyone bringing in goodies that I couldn't eat - I ate several mini Reeses peanut butter cups and a couple mini Hershey's milk chocolate bars and had no problem. I think it is mostly a CYA statement from Hershey's, but I do know that 3 muskateers and butterfinger (small and normal sizes) ARE gluten-free :)