Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Felidae

Canadiankaren I Have A Problem...

Have you noticed a problem with Altoids supplies in your part of the country. I am in Alberta and I haven't seen Altoids at any store for about one month. I'm really concerned because I love them.

Tapioca intolerant

First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease

Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.

Gluten-free since June 2005

Dx with IBS February 2005

Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Oh my gosh I am going to die of laughter. I can't wait til she sees this......... :D

Maybe its her husband we should be asking? :lol:

I know, it's dangerous territory to be entering, but I'm serious. I can't find them anywhere.

Tapioca intolerant

Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.

LMAO! :lol:

Nope, I don't have a problem finding them - I get them at the checkout counter at A&P...

Although Terry's been in the doghouse for quite some time now, so I haven't been buying them as often... :rolleyes:

Hugs.

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

ROFLMAO!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry. I know this is an honest question, but I just can't help myself.

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

I thought we needed some good hearted laughter. But, I hope the stores restock here soon.

Tapioca intolerant

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Next full moon December 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Ahhhhhh, don't "poor Terry" him . . . his doghouse days are well-deserved. Karen should just be stock-piling for when he shapes up!

Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

Ahhhhhh, don't "poor Terry" him . . . his doghouse days are well-deserved. Karen should just be stock-piling for when he shapes up!

Well, it just seems that he must have been in there for a while ... is the length of time well-deserved? If the supply is low, maybe HE should be stockpiling as I'm sure SHE is not!!

Should have known you'd show up on the Altoids thread!! I hope you're feeling better!!

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

OK now peeing my pants laughing :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

what aggregious thing did Terry do? I hope it wasn't a birthday or anniversary faux pas as that would mean karen would have to be the Altoids Nazi "no Altoid" for you

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

OK now peeing my pants laughing :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

what aggregious thing did Terry do? I hope it wasn't a birthday or anniversary faux pas as that would mean karen would have to be the Altoids Nazi "no Altoid" for you

Oh trust me, the anniversary faux pas is just the drop in the bucket! Yes, August 15th rolled around, and not a sound, peep, card, nada, nothing..... Finally, I went to bed at 11:00 p.m. and left the anniversary card on his pillow (for maximum guilt effect... of course.......). The next morning, I got the old "Geez, I've been so busy lately, I totally forgot......" Um, ..........................yeah....... <_<

It's been downhill since then........ :angry:

Karen

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

-- Victor Borge

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Oh yeah- no Altoids for him!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Terry!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Well, after that HE ought to be the one buying the Altoids!! If he had, surely you would have forgiven him by NOVEMBER!!!

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

OMG! Felidae! You're right! I went to A&P tonight to pick up some stuff and EVER SINGLE AISLE the Altoids section was empty! I have no idea how long it has been that way since I haven't been buying them lately (reason stated above <_< )!

I wonder what's up?

(Oops...... maybe I should re-word that.......... :D;) )

Karen

Karen

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Orison Swett Marden

-- Victor Borge

Tom Nansbury

Unknown

:lol::lol::lol:

OMG KAREN I AIN'T TOUCHING THAT ONE

I BET IT'S COLD IN CANADA OUT IN THE DOG HOUSE.

LET ME KNOW WHEN HE'S ALLOWED BACK INTO THE 'HOUSE'

I'LL SEND YOU SOME.

JUDY

Judy in Southern CA

OMG! Felidae! You're right! I went to A&P tonight to pick up some stuff and EVER SINGLE AISLE the Altoids section was empty! I have no idea how long it has been that way since I haven't been buying them lately (reason stated above <_< )!

I wonder what's up?

(Oops...... maybe I should re-word that.......... :D;) )

Karen

See, I knew you would normally have observed a hole in the Altoid section! But you had good reason not to notice.

Tapioca intolerant

Not to worry, Karen. Have spoken with my husband and he feels that the "Goddess of Altoids" cannot go without! :lol::lol: We will mail them to you as soon as Terry is out of the dog house. In my humble opinion, however, he should stay there -- out in the cold -- for a little while longer. Again, just my opinion. :rolleyes:

And Carla -- OF COURSE I would be on an Altoids thread! It's like a moth to the flame . . . . . . . :lol::lol:

Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie