Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bklynceliac

Wonderful Dining Out Experience

Hey everyone, just wanted to post my first dining out success story of my gluten-free life.

Because I'm visiting the folks for thanksgiving, I haven't been able been able to prepare my own meals, which I've been doing for essentially every morsel of food eaten since March. So I helped my mom prepare a Gluten-free Casein-free thanksgiving on thursday, which was a smashing success (except for the burnt pamela's cookies crust on the pumpkin pie - oh well), then we went out to Legal Seafood on Friday night. For any Bostonians, it's the one near the Chestnut Hill Mall. I was extremely nervous about it because, as I said, this was my first time in a restaurant in a long long time. Anyway, without getting too into the particulars, it was an excellent experience. They had a vast gluten-free menu, were very informed about correct preparation procedures, and were able to convert any of the dishes to casein-free for me as well. Also, the manager came over, delivered the dish personally, and explained all the steps they took to prepare it safely and correctly. And the food was really good! Anyway, it was a great experience, I felt happily and safely full afterwards, and will definitely return next time I'm in town. Yippee!

Diagnosed through Enterolab (9.27.06)

Antigliadin IgA 164 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 75 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fat Score 874 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow’s milk) IgA antibody 73 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQ 2,1 (Subtype 2,5)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Legal takes it very seriously. When I was on travel in Cambridge I ate there almost every night.

The only bad experience I had with them was at Logan Airport -- yeah, right before I got a plane. Luckily I have a 2 hour delay and that gave me time to land in DC... Anyway, I wrote them an email, they apologized profusely and with Gift certificates, hopefully they also educated the kid that waited on me.

Hee, I live in Brooklyn and go home to Boston often where I persuade my family to have gluten-free meals with me at Legals. And, yes, we go to the one at the Chestnut Hill Mall. Are we the same person?

I love Legals. They always treat me well and make me feel safe.