Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shebah

Symptoms...

Hi,

I have tested negative for celiac disease (normal blood test) and since I have other allergies I know that the blood tests dont hold up. I have been allergic to dogs and cats for 20 years and not once has my allergy test come back positive.

I do have IBD, so some of these symptoms could be from that, but I am listing them anyhow.

So.. I am going to list my symptoms here:

Fatiuge

Depression (don't wanna go outside, dont want to go to birthday parties, family gatherings etc.)

Mood swings

Anger

Hungry all the time (worse in the afternoon/night)

Weight gain

Sugar cravings

Dry palms

Dry hair

Burning sensation in stomach

White tounge

Bad taste in mouth

Sore throat that comes and goes

Sinus issues (not infected, but alot of pressure and pain)

IBD symtoms:

Migrating joint pain

Diarreah

Abdominal pain

Burning sensation in my lower back

I would appriciate any replies.. Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Shebah, and welcome to this board. Your symptoms certainly could point to celiac disease. The blood tests are not that reliable and produce many false negatives. Why don't you just try the gluten-free diet and see if it helps? That's what I did, and many other here as well, with amazing results. Nobody can stop you from changing your diet, it's your body.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have most of these same symptoms. Gluten-free seems to help but not completely. How do you know if your symptoms are from Systemic Candida or from Celiac Sprue?

What does a high ANA (anti-nuclear antibodies...means my cells eating my cells) mean for either? Mine is 1:640

Anyone know? Help!

Chronic Ear Infections

Chronic Tooth/Jaw Infections

Chronic Sinus Infections

Recent Sinus Surgeries

New Migraines

New Occipital Neuralgia

New SUPER HIGH ANA

New Vitamin D deficiency

New High Calcium - hyperparathyroidism?

Recent Sugar & Wheat Intolerance - Facial Flushing and Headache

Lyme Negative

12/06 Tested (-) for Celiac after 2 - 3 months Gluten Free

You could have both. A white tongue would indicate candida, but usually there is a reason for having candida.

Have you given up dairy, too? It can also cause a reaction. Are you sure you're 100% gluten-free?

If your diet does not resolve your symptoms, I'd keep looking. Food sensitivities and candida could be a symptom of something else going on.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

What does a high ANA (anti-nuclear antibodies...means my cells eating my cells) mean for either? Mine is 1:640

I'm not entirely sure it means that. I think it means that when your cells die (as all cells do, eventually) they aren't cleaned up as quickly, so the DNA has time to stick around and have antibodies made against it.

I think a high ANA titer can indicate an autoimmune disease, but it's not causing it. Like a fever can indicate an infection, but it's not the cause.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

I'm not entirely sure it means that. I think it means that when your cells die (as all cells do, eventually) they aren't cleaned up as quickly, so the DNA has time to stick around and have antibodies made against it.

I think a high ANA titer can indicate an autoimmune disease, but it's not causing it. Like a fever can indicate an infection, but it's not the cause.

You are correct the ANA's come to eat dead cells - and I have a lot of cell-death from recent surgery. However, if your ANA is high - it generally means they are eating live cells, hence the joint pain associated with RA or Lupus.

My ANA's are going crazy. Celiac Sprue, from what I understand is also an autoimmune disorder, means you aren't just tring to kill the gluten, you kill yourself because your immune system is confused.

I may be off base, only learning by researching. Not a doctor, but a mental health professional.

Chronic Ear Infections

Chronic Tooth/Jaw Infections

Chronic Sinus Infections

Recent Sinus Surgeries

New Migraines

New Occipital Neuralgia

New SUPER HIGH ANA

New Vitamin D deficiency

New High Calcium - hyperparathyroidism?

Recent Sugar & Wheat Intolerance - Facial Flushing and Headache

Lyme Negative

12/06 Tested (-) for Celiac after 2 - 3 months Gluten Free