Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

super_sally888

Travelling...

Hi,

Would just like to share.

Just got back from a trip to Malaysia. On the plane had a gluten-free meal ordered - it was actually really nice. Got it and the hostess, smiled and went to put bread on my tray! Good thing everything was wrapped.

My boss has been fabulous. He actually told our client (we eat out a lot when we travel) that I was allergic to wheat and they all made a very big effort to order foods I can eat. Normally we have beer & discussion session after meetings... they ordered wine for me. I was really touched.

AND I didn't have stomach problems while I was out of town! This is a First!

Still have to think twice before ordering foods.

Went to church yesterday... anyone have problem with the Eucharist? Is it wheat? Think I got done in!

Have a great day.

Sally

Sally

Aussie living in Philippines, Manager, Triathlete, Mum to 2 dogs, 2 cats & fish

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hypothyroid, diag. 2000, desicated thryoid 3 grains + T4 50 mcg.

Pituitary adenoma, 2002 - no treatment (no followup yet)

Polycystic, 2000 - no treatment

IBD by biopsy - end 2006 (cause not investigated)

Suspected Gluten intolerant/celiac - not diagnosed

Gluten Free - start Dec 06 (big improvement in tummy troubles, though still not 100%..)

Allergies suspected to Rice, Mango, Chicken, some fish (though testing)... still trying to work it all out.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sally, that is great about your trip, I am happy for you to have such a considerate boss.

Yes, the eucharist is definitely wheat, don't have it next time! Either bring your own gluten-free bread, cracker or whatever, if they'll let you, or just have the wine, which is just as valid. That is what I do. I hope you don't get sick.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Ursula,

Yeah not feeling too good yesterday - itching and stomach cramping - and today (running to toilet).

Lesson learned...

At least I am now REALLY sure that gluten is the problem. :)

Sally

Sally

Aussie living in Philippines, Manager, Triathlete, Mum to 2 dogs, 2 cats & fish

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hypothyroid, diag. 2000, desicated thryoid 3 grains + T4 50 mcg.

Pituitary adenoma, 2002 - no treatment (no followup yet)

Polycystic, 2000 - no treatment

IBD by biopsy - end 2006 (cause not investigated)

Suspected Gluten intolerant/celiac - not diagnosed

Gluten Free - start Dec 06 (big improvement in tummy troubles, though still not 100%..)

Allergies suspected to Rice, Mango, Chicken, some fish (though testing)... still trying to work it all out.