Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lady_motorcyclist

Saltgrass?

ok...so I am new to all this. Just found out my aunt had this and after hearing all the symptoms of it I think I do also. Instead of getting the test done I am just going to try eating gluten free for a month or two and see if it helps.

I am going to Saltgrass (steak house) tomorrow...I looked on their website and they do not have a gluten free menu so I was wondering what all is safe or if yall had any ideas.. I am not really sure what all contains gluten...I know wheat, rye ect...so no breads, is there anything else? I know I can ask the waiter but I read some of the stories about the waiters not knowing what gluten is and I know if that happens to me I will not know how to explain it or know if what they are telling me is right.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Ask about flour, coatings, that sort of thing. The servers might not know, although the chef should have a clue. I've also just told them "No grains", which leaves out corn and rice (and usually potatoes and sometimes cheese, although I cannot for the life of me figure out why, especially the cheese!) But anyway, a steak house is a safer bet than other places, just assume you can't eat anything deep fried or any pastas, and ask about what's on the other stuff.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

so like a steak and corn or greenbeans would be good?

does cheese have gluten in it?...sorry I really have no idea what all is in food....never really cared as long as it tasted good :D Do you know of a site or something I could get a list of things that contain gluten in it?

https://www.celiac.com/st_main.html?p_catid...-32106406408.c3

aged cheeses should be fine. ask about cheese sauces, skip the blue cheese or other moldy cheeses for now.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Hard cheese does not usually contain gluten, although blue cheese is grown on bread so it does.

Cheese SAUCE is another animal because usually grated cheese is added to a white sauce (milk or water and FLOUR) to make it a smooth sauce.

If a Mexican restaurant just adds grated cheese to the food, it shoud be okay, especially cheeses like cheddar and jack. Watch out for those flour tortillas, though - and you'll need to ask if the corn tortillas contain any flour (usually they don't but, you never know!)

Valda

Enterolab results: ...two genes for gluten intolerance ...casein intolerance

other sensitivities: corn, eggs, soy, potato, tapioca

Hypoglycemic

Sensitivity to high EMFs [electromagnetic frequency] (limits my time in front of the computer)

Living a healthier, happier life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.Psalm 139: 9,10