Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tonydk

Reflux Body Temp Increase

Have been suffering from tired all the time from depression,cousin had biopsy and proved positive

I went on gluten free for four weeks which seemed to change stools and reflux stopped.

Saw doctor had blood test for antibodies after two days of gluten products.Test negative.

In those two days I had to have cold showers because I felt I was burning up. I also reexperienced a little

reflux.

After test came back negative I had gluten products for lunch and dinner. ten days after rechallenge

and I felt flushed in my body. My temp was up to 37.5 and then dropped back. The next day I had slight signs of reflux.

Any comments please.

PS this is a great site

Tonydk

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Tony, and welcome to this board. Of course your blood test was negative. Eating gluten for two days after being gluten-free for four weeks would not cause your villi to be damaged enough again to produce a positive test. You would have to go back to eating gluten for about six months to a year to maybe get a positive.

On the other hand, your awful reaction to gluten is absolute proof that gluten is a poison to you, and that you need to stop eating it for life. Forget about ignorant doctors, and go with what your body tells you is right.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------