Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dawnmarie72

Serenaide From Klaire Labs

Has anyone tried the enzyme product from Klaire Labs called SerenAide? It is an enzyme that is supposed to help with the absorption of gluten and various others. I am interested in getting it for my Grandmother and wanted some input. Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Absorbing or even digesting gluten is not the problem. Those kinds of enzyme products overlook our celiac reaction to gluten: ANTIBODIES WHICH ATTACK INTESTINAL VILLI and other parts of our bodies to create a variety of symptoms. If we just had difficulty 'digesting' gluten, 'digestive enzymes' would prevent our 'IBS' symptoms and other problems. Those 'enzyme' products don't prevent our bodies from manufacturing antibodies to gluten (and other food allergens). So they don't solve the real problem which causes the damage and painful symptoms.

BURDEE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.