Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MauriceGreene

The Healing Process...

Yeah, I would say I am just about where you are. Although, I did feel great fairly soon, within 3-6 months. So I know how good it CAN be, now I just have lots of not-so-great/bad patches I assume are from mistakes.

But I also think some of the fatigue and other stuff is candida related. When I first started the gluten-free diet, I was also on a lot of probiotics because I had just destroyed myself with antibiotics for sinus infections (every other month). When I stopped taking the probiotics, things got worse again. So I did a spit test and sure enough, I still had too much candida. I read an Italian study that linked candida overgrowth with celiac. They talked as if treating candida should be part of the initial celiac healing process. I have not been able to find anything else talking about a connection though, but you might want to see if candida could be part of the problem.

I can't help but think that your problem may be the fact that you already have damage done from eating gluten all these years. If the damage is already done there is no going back. I have heart problems, high blood pressure, seizures, osteoarthritis, eschemia in the brain, severe chronic asthma, etc. I am tired and sleepy a big part of the time. I have severe reactions to a lot of meds. so I can't take meds to help me much. Of course a lot of meds have glutten in them. So maybe the gluten problem has already damaged you to the point that you can't fix it now. Sorry to tell you bad things like this. It is just a guess on my part for you. I know it is most of my problem. Roxy B)

I can't help but think that your problem may be the fact that you already have damage done from eating gluten all these years. If the damage is already done there is no going back. I have heart problems, high blood pressure, seizures, osteoarthritis, eschemia in the brain, severe chronic asthma, etc. I am tired and sleepy a big part of the time. I have severe reactions to a lot of meds. so I can't take meds to help me much. Of course a lot of meds have glutten in them. So maybe the gluten problem has already damaged you to the point that you can't fix it now. Sorry to tell you bad things like this. It is just a guess on my part for you. I know it is most of my problem. Roxy B)

Have you been tested for Lyme? People with celiac tend to get better once they go gluten-free. Some damage is irreversible, but much of it gets better. Arthritis is a BIG symptom for those with Lyme ... actually the other problems are, too, since it affects all bodily systems.