Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mbg98

Bare Minerals

I read alot of info on the bare minerals make-up line and how they are gluten-free so I decided to try it and I do love it, however the 1st step which is the skin rever upper vitamin stuff has oats in is so I havent used it. So my question is has any one out there tryed it and is it okay to them? Also wanted to make sure that the lipsticks are also gluten-free? any help would be great!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use Bare Minerals and have never had a problem with any of their products. I have really sensitive skin so I really watch what I use.

Negative blood test

Positive dietary response

Endometriosis

Pelvic Congestion Syndrome

ADD

Asthma

Migraines

Generalized Anxiety Disorder

I use Bare Minerals and have never had a problem with any of their products. I have really sensitive skin so I really watch what I use.

So you do use the vitamin skin prep? and lipsticks?

I use the lipstick, but not the skin prep. Sorry not to clarify. The only thing I use to clean my skin is Dove soap for sensitive skin and olive oil to mosturize. If I have been breaking out I use tea tree oil.

Negative blood test

Endometriosis

ADD

Asthma

Migraines

I read alot of info on the bare minerals make-up line and how they are gluten-free so I decided to try it and I do love it, however the 1st step which is the skin rever upper vitamin stuff has oats in is so I havent used it. So my question is has any one out there tryed it and is it okay to them? Also wanted to make sure that the lipsticks are also gluten-free? any help would be great!

Hi :)

I used Bare Minerals for several years. I would not use the Skin Rever-Upper. Actually, with Bare Minerals, you really don't need a face primer at all. If you want one, Laura Geller and Smashbox both make nice ones that are gluten-free.

As to the lipsticks, the best thing to do would be to either email them or call and ask about the one you have. A lot of their lip products are gluten-free, but *not all*.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Guest Kathy Ann

I've always been interested in trying bare minerals. But is it also corn free by chance? How does it do on dry skin? Thanks!

I've always been interested in trying bare minerals. But is it also corn free by chance? How does it do on dry skin? Thanks!

I don't know about the corn, but I have dry skin and it's not flaky or anything like that.

Negative blood test

Endometriosis

ADD

Asthma

Migraines

Kathy Ann,

Some of the minerals do contain cornstarch. I know for sure, off the top of my head, that the Mineral Veil does. I have combination skin, also depending on what time of the year it is, and it works fine on the drier areas as well. You don't just brush it on like a regular powder, you buff it into your skin using a circular motion. The more you do this, the nicer and more natural the finish is.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I would personally not use products with oats in it but I do however use alot of the bare essentials. Alot of their products are gluten free..including MOST of their lipsticks. I don't use the product with oats in it though

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com