This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

A Happy Update!

e&j0304

e&j0304 Enthusiast

I just wanted to share that I took my kids to the dr. today because my little one had his 2-year well baby check and my daughter is sick with the flu. Although it is sad that my daughter has the flu, I was SO excited to learn that she is now 34lbs. and almost 38 inches tall!!! This is HUGE for her. The last time she was measured, 10 months ago, she was only 34.5 inches. She is still on the short side, but so much better. The last time we were there she was below the 5th percentile and now she's at the 20th! I should add that I am 5'8 and my husband is 6'4 so there is no reason either of my kids would be short (other than the fact that she was literally starving before going on the diet). Also, she had some major issues with hair loss and they have totally resolved and she looks great! I am going to try to post some pictures of her hair loss so you can see how far she's come. It's really amazing. My son is also doing well and is 27lbs and 35 inches tall at 2! They are both just doing great and it's such a good feeling.

I just wanted to share my happiness and thank you all for being such a great support system through all of this. I will try to add these pictures here and see if it works...

IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c334/skilstrom/FEB8PHOTOSHOOTELLAPARTYELLAHAIR037.webp

IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c334/skilstrom/FEB8PHOTOSHOOTELLAPARTYELLAHAIR027.webp

FEB8PHOTOSHOOTELLAPARTYELLAHAIR054.webp

Ok, I don't think that worked, so I'll just put one on my avatar.

Shannon

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Great news Shannon!!

I'm so happy both kids are doing great. :)

I remember your worries about the hairloss...thats fantastic that she no longer has that and that she's looking great and GROWING!! :)

e&j0304 Enthusiast

Thanks Rachel!!

You were such a great source of support for me when we were first going through this with Ella and I will always be thankful for that. I hope that you are doing well also!

Shannon

rez Apprentice

Hey you!!!! Wow! That picture is worth a thousand words. So glad to hear your appointment went well!!! I'll call you later! Kandi

happygirl Collaborator

That is such GREAT news! As a mother, you must be absolutely bouncing off the walls! Thanks for sharing your success story! :D

e&j0304 Enthusiast

Thanks for your kind words. I am actually thrilled with her recent growth and of course thrilled that she seems to healthy and happy these days. It was a long time coming, but well worth all we went through.

Thanks again!

AndreaB Contributor

That is such great news! Thank you for sharing. It's nice to have success stories mingled in with everything else everyone goes through.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived