Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PeaceAngel22

Gluten Free Pancake Mix And Flour

I have been on the gluten free diet for two weeks now and am doing okay. I want to try the gluten free flour and pancake mix but am so afriad of having some sort of reaction. Please tell me it will be alright. I just don't want to get sick. Has anyone ever had a negative reaction of any type to the pancake mix or flour? Thanks everyone. I couldn't have made it this far without you guys!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Which kind are you talking about? I personally use Pamela's baking mix, about 4 times a week or so for two years (LOVE this stuff--I use it as a flour substitute in recipes, too), and I've never had a problem.

If it's another brand, hopefully someone else can help.

*Julie*

Gluten free since December 2004

Soy free since June 2005

Dairy free since July 2006

hm, i don't know about red mill, but i also have had pamela's pancake mix made into crepes, and they were amazing! just like the real thing (from what I remember...)

does it say gluten free? if so, you should be okay. good luck!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Guest Viola

I use Kinnikinnick Pancake mix. My parents couldn't tell the difference. I used club soda as the liquid instead of milk. Just yummy :D

When we have pancakes, I use The Gluten Free Pantry mix--it's very good. My non-gluten-free husband likes them, too :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I swear by Kinnikinnick's flours... I have gotten sick from Bob's Red Mill products and Pamela's products. I'm pretty careful now. Kinnikinnick products are processed in a gluten free environment. Go to www.kinnikinnick.com to order online. Their bagels and cookies are fabulous as well. Their buns aren't half bad either, worth a try. Plus, it's $10 flat rate shipping so order as much as you can. It's all gluten free and wheat free, so enjoy!

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

My store carries Maple Grove and it's pretty good. I tried one once before (don't remember which) that was just WAY too much rice flour. Like eating sand....