Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I take folic acid, vitamin C, Calcium, and a multivitamin each day. Could these be bad for a gluten free diet? If so, does anyone have a list of gluten-free brands of vitamins I can find at my local grocery store?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Some vitamins do have wheat in them; when I was diagnosed, I was using Target's multivitamin and "gluten" was listed right on the label--ugh. GNC lists what allergens their vitamins are free of: I'm soy, dairy, and gluten free, so I use their SoloDay multivitamin which states no soy, no dairy, no gluten, and some other things. They clearly list both on the bottles/boxes and on their website for all of their vitamins and supplements, and I use their products all the time without problems. The SoloDay is relatively cheap for a multivitamin, too--only about $5-6 a bottle.

*Julie*

Gluten free since December 2004

Soy free since June 2005

Dairy free since July 2006

Some vitamins do have wheat in them; when I was diagnosed, I was using Target's multivitamin and "gluten" was listed right on the label--ugh. GNC lists what allergens their vitamins are free of: I'm soy, dairy, and gluten free, so I use their SoloDay multivitamin which states no soy, no dairy, no gluten, and some other things. They clearly list both on the bottles/boxes and on their website for all of their vitamins and supplements, and I use their products all the time without problems. The SoloDay is relatively cheap for a multivitamin, too--only about $5-6 a bottle.

Thank you so much!