Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
nikki8

Rice Krispie Treats?

Rate this topic

I really miss rice krispie treats. Does any know of a gluten-free cereal that is like rice krispies? I have made treats with fruity pebbles, but they are so sweet.

Thanks,

Nikki

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Erewhon (sp?) has a rice cereal......I forget the other one, maybe Nature's Path.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

yes, erwhon (sp?) makes rice crispies. be careful b/c they make gluten-free and regular ones, be sure to get the gluten-free ones. I really like them. I also like New Morning's cocoa crispies. Not too sweet. I like to mix them with the regular ones, and eat them like that. making them into treats like that is good too!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

yes, erwhon (sp?) makes rice crispies. be careful b/c they make gluten-free and regular ones, be sure to get the gluten-free ones.

They do?!?! I just bought some from the gluten free store in our area but I will have to watch this as sometimes we buy them elsewhere.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

yeah i believe the gluten-free ones say gluten-free on the front. i think the other ones are flavored w/ malt (of course)...i accidently picked some up once :huh:

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Kinnikinnick has a gluten free rice crisp cereal. It makes excellent rice crispy treats. www.kinnikinnick.com

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Walmart's Great Value brand makes gluten-free rice krispies treats. They come in a purple box. Sometimes I've noticed that half the box will be rock hard for some reason. I just pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds and they're great.