Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

simmadownnow

Thanks For The 'pancake As Bread' Hint!

I'm new here, lurking mostly. But someone had mentioned when talking about the problem of bread, making sandwiches, etc. that if you used a pancake instead of bread, it works just as well. I tried it!!! thankewwww! The bread has never satisfied me in terms of texture (falls apart with a sandwich) or taste really but I could stand it.

But omg, I got the gluten-free pancake mix and ta daaaa, wonderful sammich bread. So, whoever said it, thank you for the hint. It would never have occurred to me.

Also someone said that if you warm the gluten-free bread, it's more palatable. I hadn't thought of that either but I tried it and it's much better. Still prefer a pancake tho. :D The downside is now I 'm afraid I'll be eating sandwiches more than is good for me. :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm glad you found something you like. It's amazing how many things we learn, just by reading posts, isn't it?

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, do you make pancakes and use them for bread, or do you make bread from the pancake mix?

I eat Van's gluten-free waffles with coconut oil, and over easy egg on top, and a drizzle of maple syrup. I have two for breakfast almost every morning. I just get tired of gluten-free bread with my eggs!

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

So, do you make pancakes and use them for bread, or do you make bread from the pancake mix?

Carla, I have very little to choose from in our little city. They carry about 5 gluten-free items. Bob's gluten-free Bread (semi-vile) and Namaste Waffle & Pancake Mix. I make up the pancake mix (very thin) and freeze them. One pancake makes a nice sandwich (could also be used for pizza!!). I'm thrilled at learning this because that's the one thing that's driven me nuts: no way to make a sandwich that didn't crumble in my plate.