This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Help I'm Feeling Terrible

Rebecca47

Rebecca47 Contributor

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I just need to tell someone. I feel terrible and I am holding my stomach and thats not helping. This is the first time since going gluten free that I have felt this bad. I have been keeping a food diary for the last couple of weeks. I haven't been having milk except in my coffee (very little) then last night I made corn bread needed 1 cup of milk and other things. I made a pot of pinto beans with 1 onion salt pork and some season salt and thats it usuaslly it never bothers me, but I felt a little bloated and I ate it on top of my cornbread. The last time I made the beans I did not make cornbread. Then this am I made a omelete with organic cheese and sour cream and a little milk in my eggs. The cheese and sour cream never bother me as I eat these alot in taco's. I think maybe I had to much milk in the last day. I had to run to the bathroom and I hadn't had to do that lately either. Now I'm sad that I made my self sick. Maybe there was gluten I didn't clean up good enough. I think I will go clean out the silverware drawer I saw a bunch of crumbs in there. Heck I going to scrub down my whole kitchen. Thanks for letting me vent. I guess I will start all over.

I forget that I had taquitoes at my moms when I was there yesterday, I read the label maybe I missed something, I know it said carmel coloring and I have avoid that ingredient since Aug because i read that that shouldn't be a problem. Maybe thats the problem who knows?

Question? Can a person be intolerant to milk and not cheeses and sour cream or did I gluten myself somewhere along the line? :(

Ok I really blew it. I now know why I am sick this am It started last night with a little bloating. Than today with cramping and the big D. Well I took my mother shopping yesterday and I remember that she needed FLOUR so without even thinking about it I picked it up and put in the basket, went to her house and ate a little food not even realizing that I had picked up the FLOUR. Well I can tell you that will never happen again. Usually her in house support person does all of this. Mom ny had 2 strokes 2 yrs ago this Feb, but she is ok not great but ok. Anyway thanks for letting me vent.

I am cleaning out my kitchen drawers now.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiacgirls Apprentice

At least you know it was flour and not the milk. :)

ARK Apprentice
At least you know it was flour and not the milk. :)

Wow - I'm amazed that just picking up a bag of flour made you so sick! I am so sorry you got sick, but at least you know what it was caused by.

I will have to remember to be very careful about things like that. My son is gluten free, but I am wondering if he is getting CCed because he is not feeling as good as he was when we first went gluten free. He has been having stomach aches and nausea.... I did throw out my 2 scratched teflon pans, and wooden spoons. I am cooking in a cast iron pan now so maybe that will help...

Anyway, sorry to ramble, I hope you feel better really soon!

ARK

Mr J Rookie
Question? Can a person be intolerant to milk and not cheeses and sour cream ...?

someone who is lactose intolerant (milk sugar) but not intolerant to the protein in milk would show that symptom. Cheeses and sour cream have had much of the lactose digested away by the bacteria culture that turns ordinary milk into those products.

I suppose if you are brave you could test that by drinking a glass of "lactaid" milk, if you are ok with that then the next day try a glass of ordinary milk :blink:

I've tried that and decided that I am not lactose intolerant

cheers

Archived