Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ptkds

I Made Pancakes And They Were Wonderful!

Most of the gluten-free stuff I have made has been kind of "blah", but this morning I made gluten-free pancakes and they were out of this world!! All my dd's LOVED them and stuffed themselves!! I think I got the recipe off of here somewhere, so THANKS!!!!!

ptkds

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I got this recipe from somewhere on the internet, but I made a couple of changes.

Buttermilk Pancakes

Ingredients:

2 cup of gluten-free baking mix * ½ teaspoon salt

1 Tablespoon sugar 2 eggs

1 teaspoon baking powder 1 to 1 ½ cup buttermilk or milk

½ teaspoon baking soda 2 Tablespoons oil

* Gluten-Free Baking Mix: 4 cups white rice flour, 1 1/3 cups potato starch flour, 2/3 cup tapioca starch flour. Mix flours together very well. Measure out amount needed for recipe. Store in a covered container for future use. To store for prolonged time, refrigerate or freeze.

Directions:

Mix dry ingredients together. Beat the eggs with buttermilk and oil. Add dry

ingredients and stir until batter is smooth. Drop from mixing spoon onto a hot greased griddle or skillet and cook until top is full of tiny bubbles and the underside is brown. Turn and brown on other side.

Quick and easy to make. Try adding small fruit pieces to batter for a fun pancake . . . try raisins arranged to make a ‘”smiley” face. Pieces of banana slices, apple slices, and blueberries all make for delicious pancakes. For kids that like finger foods, try making large pancakes and using them as roll-ups. The roll-up can be used with many fillings.

Just make sure you use plenty of oil on the pan or they will stick!

ptkds

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.