Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jennyj

Quick Question

I have made the 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies several times but do you think if I used canned pumpkin instead of peanut butter it would work?? :blink:

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Oh, yum... I've never even thought of that. What a great idea! Make sure you add spices like ginger, allspice, and cinnamon, otherwise it might not taste like you're imagining it will. I might have to try this tonight.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

That sounds good. Let us know if it works. I can't remember the three ingredient measurements, but I think they are peanut butter, sugar and egg.

Tapioca intolerant

First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease

Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.

Gluten-free since June 2005

Dx with IBS February 2005

Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

I'm excited!! Tomorrow, I'm trying the pumpkin version. I can't do legumes anymore, but I did make the peanut butter cookies and really liked them. I was at the store today, and bought a can of pumpkin, so I'm all set.

I'm thinking I'll use pumpkin pie spice as the seasoning.

Angie, definately let us know if you try them tonight!

Bully, the original recipe is:

1 cup sugar

1 cup smooth peanut butter

1 egg

Mix together, roll into 1 inch balls and flatten with fork. Bake in preheated 350 oven for about 8 minutes.

I also added a teaspoon of vanilla extract. :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I have made the 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies several times but do you think if I used canned pumpkin instead of peanut butter it would work?? :blink:

I don't think pumpkin would work, because it doesn't have the fat and protein that nut butters have, but maybe a different kind of nut butter would work ... But maybe you could just try it and consider any 'flops' an experiment. :blink:

BURDEE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

Yeah, I don't think pumpkin would work - no fat or protein to hold the cookies from crumbling. You'd need something else - be it egg, gum, oil... Not to mention they would be *very* dense. It's a good idea, but needs a little more than three ingredients. :)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA