Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sarah8793

Are Bob's Sweet Stripes Brand Peppermint Balls Safe?

Hi,

Ds brought home some of these Bob's Sweet Stripes brand peppermint balls and wants to eat them. I searched online but can't find any ingredient info. I also need to make sure they are casein free. Anyone know??

Thanks!

Don't be afraid to reach for the moon. The worst that can happen is you'll miss and land among the stars.

Positive blood work

2 negative biopsies over 4 year period

Postive EnteroLab results

Lactose/Casein Intolerant

Gluten free since May 2006

Soy free since May 2007

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi,

Ds brought home some of these Bob's Sweet Stripes brand peppermint balls and wants to eat them. I searched online but can't find any ingredient info. I also need to make sure they are casein free. Anyone know??

Thanks!

hello,

i found your query while looking for an ingredient list for myself. though i'm not celiac, i do avoid artificial sweeteners whenever possible, so i wanted this info, too. here's what i did and what i have found:

i googled

bob's "sweet stripes" brand

and found

Bob's Sweet Stripes Soft Mint Candy Product Information

which is

http://www.shopping.com/xPF-Farley_Bob_s_S...Soft_Mint_Candy

this website says:

Bob's Sweet Stripes Soft Mint Candy

Individually wrapped One of the World's largest peppermint cane producers, Bob's was a leader in the innovation of candy stick production and marketing. A family-owned company through the Twentieth century, Bob's is now a product of Farley & Sather. 600 ct., 96 oz. Be sure to visit Hometown Favorites Storefront for hundreds of "hard to find" and nostalgic food products!

so, i googled

Farley & Sather

and found

Farley's and Sathers Candy Co., Inc.

which is

http://www.farleysandsathers.com/

on this page, i navigated to

FAQ

which had a link called

Allergen/Gluten List Policy

which jumps to a section that lists a phone number:

Please contact Farley's & Sathers Candy Company, Inc. Consumer Relations at 1-888-247-9855 regarding additional questions about Farley's & Sathers Candy Company, Inc.

Yes, they are Gluten free!! I called the manufacturer and they said that they are gluten free and they ony use allergen free equipment and cross contamination free procedures.

PLUS, the peppermint in them settles my stomach. :D